so what's sexy to you?

KNYTE said:
Kiwi's sister is worse than this.

She's so picky and deluded about what she wants that she doesn't even speak to most guys.

She's 29 and won't date someone older than 33 because they're too old, but also won't date anyone younger than 27 because they're too young and immature. She won't date someone who doesn't have her exact same "standards of life", yada yada yada. I honestly think that in her mind her absolutely perfect prince charming will one day ride up on his white horse, knock on her door, and take her away from it all to his castle in the sky.

It's counter-productive and foolish IMO.

hay , I know someone just like that!
She could pretty much have any guy she wants, but none seem to be suitable.
I still have 50$ says shes a closet lesbian.

so let's run with this current theme. if you're in a relationship/marriage, how is it measuring up to what your former expectations/hopes were? if it doesn't measure up, are you willing to settle for whatever you have? do you believe in settling? do you think that it's possible to obtain your perception of a successful relationship? i don't mean with a perfect person, but with something that is well-, almost perfect-fitting to YOU?
is there a point where you'd up and change the way things are in search of something more fitting?

Thorn Bird said:
so let's run with this current theme. if you're in a relationship/marriage, how is it measuring up to what your former expectations/hopes were? if it doesn't measure up, are you willing to settle for whatever you have? do you believe in settling? do you think that it's possible to obtain your perception of a successful relationship? i don't mean with a perfect person, but with something that is well-, almost perfect-fitting to YOU?
is there a point where you'd up and change the way things are in search of something more fitting?

My relationship is not at all what I imagined it would be. 1) Really didn't want to date military, Jeff is in the Airforce 2) He's Republican, I'm democrat 3) he's been married before and has a kid from that marriage 4) He's a big lanky white guys which I normally don't go for.

He's not perfect . . . BUT he's perfect for me.

What other guy would let me lock myself in a bedroom to read the new Harry Potter or understand why I can't just watch one star wars episode or why I have to own EVERY discworld novel. What other guy would get me a yappy dog that he didn't want just to make me happy . . .

I feel lucky because we started out as a one night stand and now we are planning a wedding. I think you have to toss your expectations out the window.

You find someone that you have common interests and life goals with, that's attractive to you, and that you enjoy being with, then you overlook their shortcomings and make it work. That's all there is to it.

KNYTE said:
You find someone that you have common interests and life goals with, that's attractive to you, and that you enjoy being with, then you overlook their shortcomings and make it work. That's all there is to it.

Unless one of their shortcomings is necrophelia . . . .

Thorn Bird said:

As far as measuring up, marriage vs. expectations is pretty right on for me. We have our ups and downs sometimes, but I know that would come with any relationship. Thankfully I don't feel I'm settling, nor would I. People need to be able to compromise with eachother, but settling...no, that's not for me. I have wondered at times if I would do anything differently if given the chance, but I wouldn't change a thing with my marriage. Theac's the best hubby I could have ever asked for. :D :heart:

Pandora said:
As far as measuring up, marriage vs. expectations is pretty right on for me. We have our ups and downs sometimes, but I know that would come with any relationship. Thankfully I don't feel I'm settling, nor would I. People need to be able to compromise with eachother, but settling...no, that's not for me. I have wondered at times if I would do anything differently if given the chance, but I wouldn't change a thing with my marriage. Theac's the best hubby I could have ever asked for. :D :heart:
I love the old coot too.

No way I'd have ever settled. IBWIP is my balance and my strength. We don't have a huge amount of common interests and our goals haven't even always been the same, but we take it as it comes. I never set any expectations in a partner and I dated all types, but when he and I started dating I knew he was perfect for me. He's great to talk to, funny, good looking, smart, and patient with me. I couldn't ask for anything better than the life I have with him.

Thorn Bird said:

Dear Ann,

I have the most successful relationship on earth. Not one of the most... the most, imo. There isn't anything that needs changing since we work like a well oiled machine and can fix any problems that may arise. I believe in us. :Wiggle:

I really don't have high expectations (as far as I know) but our relationship exceeds the maximum quota for expectations. It's nice being this in love and happy with every aspect.

You can fit well with someone and cohabitate with them, but doing that and being head over heels in love is so rare these days. :swoon:

Sincerely,
Smitten Kitten.

/mushy

April23 said:
Dear Ann,

I have the most successful relationship on earth. Not one of the most... the most, imo. There isn't anything that needs changing since we work like a well oiled machine and can fix any problems that may arise. I believe in us. :Wiggle:

I really don't have high expectations (as far as I know) but our relationship exceeds the maximum quota for expectations. It's nice being this in love and happy with every aspect.

You can fit well with someone and cohabitate with them, but doing that and being head over heels in love is so rare these days. :swoon:

Sincerely,
Smitten Kitten.

/mushy

You take that crap to the Care-Bears TV show or something else lovey-dovey-pussy-stuff you honkey mofo.

April23 said:
Dear Ann,

Sincerely,
Smitten Kitten.

/mushy

dear smitten kitten,
i'm so glad for you to have found what sounds like the love of your life. i hope that every year that passes, it only grows stronger. i think you are smart in that you've figured out a key to a successful relationship -- that is maintaining the connection you have come to strengthen. it's crucial to any relationship to never put it on the backburner, despite the pu pu platter life may hand you.
i think you sound like a perfect spokesperson for love unite. i hope to see you on the road someday, mushing all this loveshit to the lowlies who have abandoned the hope of love.

sincerely,
ann