so what's on your list?

SpangeMonkee said:
well, maybe we can make a weekend of it and do the Georgia part. Fall is a great time for it.

That sounds like fun. I would love for a group of us to get together and go white water rafting. My wife is afraid of rapids so I've been looking for some crazy fools to go with me. And this place is jam packed with crazy fools.

b_sinning said:
That sounds like fun. I would love for a group of us to get together and go white water rafting. My wife is afraid of rapids so I've been looking for some crazy fools to go with me. And this place is jam packed with crazy fools.

I've always wanted to go white water rafting. Count me in!

Drool and I are going to Alaska this summer and I hope to hit several of the national parks there. I love national parks!

I would like to go to Hawaii...hint, hint. ;)
I would also like to do more overseas travel.

KNYTE said:
I heard about this. Apparently the Chinese are trying to take credit for "discovering" America before Columbus did. Well that's all fine and dandy to think that, but it doesn't change the fact that we're here now, and they aren't.
That's the pretty much the end point.

Right now in the field of history there is a revial to take the eurocentric view of history as begining with Europe and letting it be viewed in comparison to the world. This revial of teaching to 'world history' is rather amazing. I've been doing some studying on this for a few months and it should totally change the way that our children will be educated.

There is evidence that the chinese discovered the world via Zheng He's fleat of ships. They were 5 times the lenght and could handle 9 times the capacity of the largest European wooden ships. But the chinese made turned in calling off further expiditions. The fact of the matter is Europe needed China more than vice versa and there was no real reason for the chinese to continue to spend money in such ways.

They most likely did find the new world first, but historically it doesn't matter too much, because in the end, it was the Europeans who did something with it.

I'd like to visit Mamie Van Doren's underpants. I'm curious how a plastic 75 year old who thinks she's still 25 handles it in the sack.

BadMojo said:
Drool and I are going to Alaska this summer and I hope to hit several of the national parks there. I love national parks!

I would like to go to Hawaii...hint, hint. ;)
I would also like to do more overseas travel.

My house is kinda like Hawaii... without the beaches and the perfect weather all the time. no volcanos either. or hawaiians. but we have mai thais and coconuts. well, mai thais. but we do have coco and nuts.

SpangeMonkee said:
My house is kinda like Hawaii... without the beaches and the perfect weather all the time. no volcanos either. or hawaiians. but we have mai thais and coconuts. well, mai thais. but we do have coco and nuts.

A little Jimmy Buffet playing and no one could tell the difference.

I'll be driving from Toronto to Naples, FL in September. Hoping to visit pretty much everywhere in between as long as it's not a tourist trap.

Other than that, I hope to make a trip to the east-coast of Canada, NWT and the Yukon. On top of this, Greenland and Iceland are also on my list.

Galen said:
I'll be driving from Toronto to Naples, FL in September. Hoping to visit pretty much everywhere in between as long as it's not a tourist trap.

Other than that, I hope to make a trip to the east-coast of Canada, NWT and the Yukon. On top of this, Greenland and Iceland are also on my list.

I've always been under the impression that the only thing to do in Iceland was change planes and binge drink. Am I missing something?

itburnswhenipee said:
I've always been under the impression that the only thing to do in Iceland was change planes and binge drink. Am I missing something?
Probably not, but my friend offered to fly there for the craic, and I'm all up for it.

Galen said:
Probably not, but my friend offered to fly there for the craic, and I'm all up for it.

How very zen. I hope you have a good time and take lots of pictures. When's your trip anyway?

Also:

You haven't posted any pictures of the Irish countryside in a long time. Get to it!

itburnswhenipee said:
How very zen. I hope you have a good time and take lots of pictures. When's your trip anyway?

Also:

You haven't posted any pictures of the Irish countryside in a long time. Get to it!
Oh aye. Perhaps around April, though it's not set in stone. Depends on weather conditions etc. so we'll have to see.

I haven't posted any because I've been flat out working. I'm going to London in a few weeks so I'll get some pictures then (of both London, England and anywhere in Ireland I happen to be near)