so what's on your list?

Done: NY, NY; Vegas; Disney (both); 2 weeks in Europe (Scotland, London, Munich, Monaco, Paris); multiple Carribean and Central-American Cruises; San Fran;

To-Do: Alaska; Hawaii; Washington, DC; LA (dunno why); More Europe

Dream: Hit lottery; tell company to bite me; follow the Formula 1 world tour for a few years.

eileenbunny said:
Amie doesn't travel well? You can always just club her over the head and wake her when you get there.

I'd like to go to NYC, LA, anyplace in the pacific NW, Chicago again, anyplace where there is a roller coaster I haven't ridden, Vegas, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and somewhere in Vermont. I'm sure there is more. I love this country and I love taking road trips to discover what is around me. There is always something worth looking at, even the cheesy museums are fun.

Actually Amie has quite a few travel ideas, some of which are even good. We'll be doing a lot of local travelling this summer, day trips if you will. She wants to see the vinyards, she wants to go to some of the festivals, things like that.

I just want to see her naked in as many new places as possible. Hell, some of the old places too.

(btw, the pay for everything and buy her something shiny works quite well, but it can be a bit of a bear at times. If I hadn't done so well at paigow/blackjack/roulette I think the vegas trip would have broken me)

SpyderGST said:
Done: NY, NY; Vegas; Disney (both); 2 weeks in Europe (Scotland, London, Munich, Monaco, Paris); multiple Carribean and Central-American Cruises; San Fran;

To-Do: Alaska; Hawaii; Washington, DC; LA (dunno why); More Europe

Dream: Hit lottery; tell company to bite me; follow the Formula 1 world tour for a few years.

Were going to alaska this summer:cool:

I want to go to New England and Hawaii. I've also yet to go to the Grand Canyon and Haven't been to Portland since I was little and I don't remember much, so I would love to go back to the Oregon Coast. I also want to go to Washington DC at some point.

Found my list, I need to update it and find the rest of my lists and create just one.

Books/movies I want to own:

Guns, Germs, and Steel – Jared Diamond

“The Last Emperor” – movie

1421: The Year China Discovered The World – Gaven Menzies

The Prince – Machiavelli

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed – Jared Diamond

Rivers of Gold: The Rise of the Spanish Empire, from Columbus to Magellon – High Thomas

Utopia – Thomas More

Not a whole lot of places I'd like to visit in the US. Maybe see the Grand Canyon, Seattle, and New York. I'd really like to see China, Nepal, Sigapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and North Korea.

fly said:
Not a whole lot of places I'd like to visit in the US. Maybe see the Grand Canyon, Seattle, and New York. I'd really like to see China, Nepal, Sigapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and North Korea.

There's so much in this world to see and do. I want to see it all, and I can only hope there's enough time in my life to do it. Why all of the east asian places?

SpangeMonkee said:
I'd like to go to Alaska and see the northern lights. I'd also like to go to Bryce Canyon and a redwood forest and camp in both.

When you go to Bryce Canyon we'll go with you. I actually think we should do a meet in Southern Utah, the national parks down there are quite breathtaking.

djduquet said:
1421: The Year China Discovered The World – Gaven Menzies

I heard about this. Apparently the Chinese are trying to take credit for "discovering" America before Columbus did. Well that's all fine and dandy to think that, but it doesn't change the fact that we're here now, and they aren't.

b_sinning said:
Those are good ones spange. I would love to do a real cattle drive in Wyoming.

Let me sum that one up for you.

Cows shit constantly and you'll be behind them the entire time.

Enjoy.

(grew up on a small horse farm, adjacent to a huge cow farm)

p.s. After about 3 hours on a horse you can't feel your noots anymore. This effect takes approximately 2 days to wear off.

Thanks for the summation Rev!

I'd love hike the whole The Appalachian Trail. I'd like to have a few hardcore people that would be willing to do it with me. No whinny people.

SpangeMonkee said:
Who can take the 4-5 months off to take a hike?

Old people, the independantly wealthy, and punk kids with nothing better to do.

I've done some minor hiking and camping along the trail in Virginia but nothing to brag about.