so what's on your list?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
seeing the kfc pictures in IBWIP's thread just brings up the list of places i'd like to see in the US. i'm always jotting down interesting looking places off of the tv or from magazines. i'd love a grand tour of the US. i think i'd start with route 66.

so do you have a list of places you'd like to visit in the US? where have you been that's been neat?

most of the places i want to visit are outside of the united states. what's left here for me to visit: seattle, alaska, boulder, and busch gardens in virginia (i really wanna ride the alpengeist)

F33nX said:
most of the places i want to visit are outside of the united states. what's left here for me to visit: seattle, alaska, boulder, and busch gardens in virginia (i really wanna ride the alpengeist)

Alpengiest is a fun ride but you really need a front row seat to seal the deal. Also, if you bother going all the way down to Virginia to ride rollercoasters do yourself a favor and stop in Jersey and ride Nitro at the Six Flags there. That is one top-notch coaster.

Edit: I want to see Hoover Dam for some reason. There's a bunch of aerospace museums across the country that I wouldn't mind spending time at either.

itburnswhenipee said:
Alpengiest is a fun ride but you really need a front row seat to seal the deal. Also, if you bother going all the way down to Virginia to ride rollercoasters do yourself a favor and stop in Jersey and ride Nitro at the Six Flags there. That is one top-notch coaster.
i was one of the first people on top thrill dragster at cedar point. iirc nitro is the same kind of ride?

F33nX said:
i was one of the first people on top thrill dragster at cedar point. iirc nitro is the same kind of ride?

Steel hypercoaster. The seat and restraint design allow tremendous freedom of movement, and that combined with lots of airtime makes for a real kick in the pants kind of ride. Seriously feels like your flying over all those camelbacks.

itburnswhenipee said:

Edit: I want to see Hoover Dam for some reason. There's a bunch of aerospace museums across the country that I wouldn't mind spending time at either.

the hoover dam boggles the mind. to think of how it was made...incredible shit. spange threw a couple of paper airplanes from the top. :D

itburnswhenipee said:
Steel hypercoaster. The seat and restraint design allow tremendous freedom of movement, and that combined with lots of airtime makes for a real kick in the pants kind of ride. Seriously feels like your flying over all those camelbacks.
oh neat, i love hypercoasters. the only drawback is that it's in jersey

itburnswhenipee said:
I've learned that there are places worse than Jersey.
true, like mississippi. i just think it's funny that every time i cross into jersey, the sky darkens, the road is all nasty and cracked, the trees are all wilted, it's like a sign :lol:

Let's see:
The Rockies

Alaska via a cruise ship, maybe take some photos of bears.

The Everglades - driven through them on US 41 but I'd like to do some canoing through there.

NY, NY - Just for a weekend, catch a show, eat some pizza and chinese food. Maybe a Mets game so I can say I'd done it.

Honestly, most things in the states doesn't really make me want to travel. I've gone to some great places, and there are a few more that I'd like to go to and maybe live there for 6 months or so, but just for the history.

I do, however, have an ever expanding list of books that I want to own and read. They are just expensive and I spend enough time and money reading books already. <3 University.

Who's with me?

Pandora said:
There's just waaaay to many things to list. There's still a ton of things I wanna do at some of the places I've already been!

Ditto. I'd like to go back to Vegas again to do more than gamble. I'd like to go back to NY and do more than take advantage of their 3:30am last call. I'd like to spend some time cruising through the south. I'd like to visit Cali and take a road trip up the coast.

Ultimately I'd like to do a lot, it's just finding the time, finding the resources and finding the best way to trick the GF into going with me.

reverendsaintjay said:
Ultimately I'd like to do a lot, it's just finding the time, finding the resources and finding the best way to trick the GF into going with me.
You could always tell her that you'll either A) Pay for everything and/or B) buy her something shinny.

reverendsaintjay said:
Ditto. I'd like to go back to Vegas again to do more than gamble. I'd like to go back to NY and do more than take advantage of their 3:30am last call. I'd like to spend some time cruising through the south. I'd like to visit Cali and take a road trip up the coast.

Amie doesn't travel well? You can always just club her over the head and wake her when you get there.

I'd like to go to NYC, LA, anyplace in the pacific NW, Chicago again, anyplace where there is a roller coaster I haven't ridden, Vegas, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and somewhere in Vermont. I'm sure there is more. I love this country and I love taking road trips to discover what is around me. There is always something worth looking at, even the cheesy museums are fun.