So what happens when...

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
You stop drinking for a while and get a major cold one night? Since my past experience has shown that being dehydrated helps me at least avoid sinus trouble, I am now cleaning out my room mates supply of rum. Not so sure that this is a good idea. But, hey, I'm thirsty. (And lets face it, this rum isn't going to drink itself.)

At any rate. A serious question does follow.

My last employer, after downsizing from about 100 to 4 has contacted me to see if I will do any contract work for them. What should my answer be? It should be noted I have no ill will towards anyone left in the company.

how is the pay? If they are paying proper for your time then why not? I'd do it unless there was some bad blood there but you say there is not so I don't see a problem.

P.S. Drinking and colds do not mix, I'm having bad flashbacks just thinking about it.

The pay.... we didn't discuss, actually. My exact answer was, I would be more than glad to help, but time is rather stretched for me at the moment. If she, the lady that contacted me, has a hard time getting help, I will do what I can. But I don't want to promise time I might not have. (I do still work for a startup, after all.)

And rum mixes with anything. (Though, this is that coconut rum shite.... not so sure about it.)

Oddly, I was given a scare about my job today. I'm evidently the only one at my current company that will stand up to the CEO/CTO. His quote, "You may have to start working weekends and late nights." My quote, "I may have to contact a recruiter." I meant it mostly in jest. Not so sure they took it that way.

Alcohol is a diuretic. It will not rehydrate you an if anything lave your body in worse shape than if you'd drank nothing at all. If you want to get drunk, drink rum. If you're thirsty, drink some fucking water.

If you have time to do some extra work on the side go for it. Can't help to keep those bridges nice and flame free.

I'm aware of most all the effects of alcohol. I'm currently specifically going for the dehydrating aspect of it at the moment. I've found from past experience that it will dry out my sinuses and leave me free from drainage for a while. Oddly, it is usually long enough for me to be free of whatever was causing the drainage.

And yeah, that is basically how I felt towards the job. I'm just not so sure I have the time on the side at the moment. :(

Idyllically when you are beholden to drink you should be pissing like a racehorse by the time the room starts spinning. Hydrate, then get wasted.

Money is money. Fuck people and their emotions.

337804681_m.jpg

FlamingGlory said:
Idyllically when you are beholden to drink you should be pissing like a racehorse by the time the room starts spinning. Hydrate, then get wasted.

Money is money. Fuck people and their emotions.

Well, whatever the reason, my plan worked. I think that was the best night of sleep I've gotten in quite a while.

At any rate... Money is money, sure. I just have a suspicion with how screwed up everything was that they'd need more than just a little help. I don't have the time to sign up for another full time job. Especially one that would require travel.

actually being dehydrated can't help your sinuses at all

however, being well hydrated can help your sinuses because it thins the mucus in your sinus cavities and promotes drainage

ERage said:
how is the pay? If they are paying proper for your time then why not? I'd do it unless there was some bad blood there but you say there is not so I don't see a problem.

P.S. Drinking and colds do not mix, I'm having bad flashbacks just thinking about it.
alcohol can cause nasal and sinus membranes to swell :(

elpmis said:
actually being dehydrated can't help your sinuses at all

however, being well hydrated can help your sinuses because it thins the mucus in your sinus cavities and promotes drainage

It was precisely the drainage that I was wanting to stop.

elpmis said:
drainage is a good thing homie

I understand that drainage is helping. But when I'm sleeping I don't want all that drainage back down my throat. Much better to have it draining while I'm awake.

b_sinning said:
You feeling any better?
Meh.... Got a headache. Not sure if it is sinus related or not. Could have drank too much rum. (Only about 3 glasses)

The drainage has started hard core today, though. :( Thinking about doing spicy food to get things moving quickly. :)