So what do you get for a married couple of about age 50 each?

Wren

Flaccid Member
Oct 16, 2006
Marklar
₥0
The parents of a friend of mine have been very good to me this year. They let me crash at their place repeatedly when I wasn't allowed at my home, they helped me fix my car after I got my own apartment, and they've let me raid their fridge over and over. I don't have a lot of money but I want to get them something. Something under, say, $40, though I don't think it's important that it be above any particular minimum.

The problem is that they already have a ton of stuff, and anything they want in that price range they can (and probably already have) already bought themselves by now ... Thus I shake the magic eight-ball of the internet.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i know that oftentimes, people in that range who have money and all the stuff they want already, and they don't like knicknacks, LOVE when someone donates whatever amount of money in their name. it is a gesture of honor and respect, and it helps more than them. if you can find out what kind of people they are, like what they believe in and support, make a donation to an organization. find out how you can let them know (you either make a card or something or the organization can thank them,) and the amount never has to come up.

i know that oftentimes, people in that range who have money and all the stuff they want already, and they don't like knicknacks, LOVE when someone donates whatever amount of money in their name. it is a gesture of honor and respect, and it helps more than them. if you can find out what kind of people they are, like what they believe in and support, make a donation to an organization. find out how you can let them know (you either make a card or something or the organization can thank them,) and the amount never has to come up.

the human fund /george costanza

How about a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant?

That could work. Seems kind of silly but it's not bad.

Hmmm. I dunno. That sounds like it could be kind of awkward. I'd at least have to find a good charity ...

Netflix
Omaha Steaks

Netflix seems awkward because to use it they have to give credit card info ...

Wouldn't a steak have to be refrigerated...? Or at least only be out for a few hours. That seems awkward too.

Good wine

Alas, though as a college student I have general access through certain means to alcohol, being 20 I have no really good way to buy wine.

Something perishable that they'll enjoy.

That's a good start. I'm having trouble finding something though.

maybe something from here? http://www.indianriver.com/

Website isn't working for me...

:p

:eek: Okay now it is.

I don't want to be insulting, but it seems suspicious. Is it really any better than just some grocery store fruit?

omg yes...the oranges are like the size of your head! my parents used to get boxes of this stuff as xmas gifts from friends and it was awesome

i agree with the gift certificate idea, it would be something they could enjoy solely on their own. if they have younger kids, offer to babysit too so they can have the night to really treat themselves.