So what do folks think about Kant?

I

ieyeasu

And do you follow the Categorical Imperative?

I used to think Kant was very complicated, but once someone sits down and explains it all, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. And it justifies all that bullshit about history being a footnote to Plato and all that...More than 2 and a half millenia, and we're still in the cave.

Here's betting the first response to this thread has nothing to do with philosophy...123 go!

theacoustician said:
I think this qualifies as content overload.

My brain just shutdown.
Usually I'm able to last 'till 2pm CST...but this thread just jacked my last hour of rational thinking.

:(

Response from guy doing Philosophy at college who happens to be on my MSN list:

Dude says: I think he's the most heroic of the rationalists, I don't agree with the analytic/synthetic distinction, but I find his trancendental arguments compelling, why do you ask?

NeedMoreEmo said:
Response from guy doing Philosophy at college who happens to be on my MSN list:

Dude says: I think he's the most heroic of the rationalists, I don't agree with the analytic/synthetic distinction, but I find his trancendental arguments compelling, why do you ask?

I think a lot of it is bunk, but I don't really accept any sort of dualism. The fact that Kant starts from a new sort of dualistic perspective doesn't help him much in my eyes.

I think he's an interesting counterpart to Rousseau, though. Same ends, completely opposite means.

i think i will spend my time studying subjects and people that will actually help me in life.

Kabn said:
i think i will spend my time studying subjects and people that will actually help me in life.

Philosophy is very helpful, in the most important sort of way.