So what do folks think about Kant?

Kabn said:
see, that's your opinion.

i'm concerned with getting a good job, making my parents proud, and watching out for those around me.

i don't care about how or why all this happens, outside of a need for understanding the psychological and sociological forces at work so i can manipulate them. i don't have the time, need, or motivation to think or care about the "deep" questions put forward by most philosophers.

my classes in philosophy were enough. it's there i was convinced i wanted nothing more to do with it.
that's cool and all, but without a good grasp of philosophy you'll vote republican and won't be able to shit all over religion

elpmis said:
that's cool and all, but without a good grasp of philosophy you'll vote republican and won't be able to shit all over religion
:lol:

i voted democrat in the last election and because i am part of a religion, i can "shit all over" it much better than most people.

elpmis said:
christ desslock that was sarcasm, we've been through this, I'm a fucking republican

Obvisiously you can give sarcasm but not detect it. :fly: Bushfag.

Edit:I'm republican too.

NeedMoreEmo said:
All the people I know want to talk to kids with schizophrenia or do criminal profiling. Good luck to them finding a job doing that. I've given up trying to tell them going for psychology will get them nowhere.

Well if they want to spend 8 years in college getting a doctorate they can analyze schizophrenics if they want to. If they want to do criminal profiling they would probably need to take some specialized classes, or a dual degree. A generic Psychology might not be the best choice for them. Not saying they couldn't do anything with a general degree, but it can be difficult. Course I started out going in the direction of Human Resources and ended up doing accounting. So the degree doesn't always matter.

They need to speek with someone in whatever field or career they are interested in and find out what degree would be the most helpful. If they really want to be a Profilier and a profiler tells them to get a psych degree, then it would be a good choice for them.

Desslock said:
Obvisiously you can give sarcasm but not detect it. :fly: Bushfag.

Edit:I'm republican too.
i know you're a republican cause I take mental notes of everything

p.s. you black rabbit christian

elpmis said:

Yeah, because that's why I like philosophy.

:rolleyes:

NeedMoreEmo said:
I know enough about various religions to shit all over them. Whether I could ever be bothered to anymore is anotehr matter.
I say the same thing about being able to take over the world

i read kant in college. one time i was walking back to my dorm in the rain and accidentally dropped my book in a puddle. my friend asked me what was wrong, and i told him "my kant's all wet!!!!"

...okay i thought it was funny