So what do folks think about Kant?

I

ieyeasu

And do you follow the Categorical Imperative?

I used to think Kant was very complicated, but once someone sits down and explains it all, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. And it justifies all that bullshit about history being a footnote to Plato and all that...More than 2 and a half millenia, and we're still in the cave.

Here's betting the first response to this thread has nothing to do with philosophy...123 go!

wr3kt

Flaccid Member
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
theacoustician said:
I think this qualifies as content overload.
My brain just shutdown.
Usually I'm able to last 'till 2pm CST...but this thread just jacked my last hour of rational thinking.

:(

Dory

Dory Two Times
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥6,816.90
Marklar
M6,817
Response from guy doing Philosophy at college who happens to be on my MSN list:

Dude says: I think he's the most heroic of the rationalists, I don't agree with the analytic/synthetic distinction, but I find his trancendental arguments compelling, why do you ask?

I

ieyeasu

NeedMoreEmo said:
Response from guy doing Philosophy at college who happens to be on my MSN list:

Dude says: I think he's the most heroic of the rationalists, I don't agree with the analytic/synthetic distinction, but I find his trancendental arguments compelling, why do you ask?
I think a lot of it is bunk, but I don't really accept any sort of dualism. The fact that Kant starts from a new sort of dualistic perspective doesn't help him much in my eyes.

I think he's an interesting counterpart to Rousseau, though. Same ends, completely opposite means.

K

Kabn

i think i will spend my time studying subjects and people that will actually help me in life.

I

ieyeasu

Kabn said:
i think i will spend my time studying subjects and people that will actually help me in life.
Philosophy is very helpful, in the most important sort of way.

Dory

Dory Two Times
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥6,816.90
Marklar
M6,817
Pandora said:
That's why I studied psychology. So I can understand all you wierdos. ;)
I didn't study Psychology but I understand weirdos. :p

People with a degree in Psychology have no jobs for them here, and it's viewed as a completely soft subject nowadays. Is it the same in the US?