So what did you do yesterday?

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
Yesterday I took off a half day of work to go to the butcher with a woman who use to work at the clinic I work at. She is a large animal vet and every year she raises a cow with a farmer and they have it slaughtered. So the past 2 years I have bought part of the beef and yesterday we went to pick it up. The butcher was about an hour and a half away in the middle of nowhere, but it was a nice drive.

Anywho on the way home we stopped and did a couple farm calls on the way home. One of the farms had alpca's and we went to take blood from a baby. The baby was a male who was 24 hours old and they are so cute! So after talking to the owner and the vet for awhile I really want an alpca!;)

The building I work in is DEAD. It is the building for Price Waterhouse Coopers and they all have the day off.

So... its only us... and its quiet... and ridiculous.

i worked most of the day and spent what little energy i had left fending off an architect trying to give me more work

I came in to work yesterday with a wicked hangover from Canada Day celebrations.

I raced J/22's at the boat club. It's pretty cool. The club owns ten of them and they're all set up identically. When you go out you're not sure which of the ten you are going to sail that day. Makes for a perfect test of your skills against those of your opponents with differences in boats almost negligible.

We got a 3rd place and a 2nd place finish out of eight or nine boats.

Hifi: my aunt and uncle raise alpacas for wool. They love them. Were very sad when one got too sick and had to be put down.

Yesterday I took off a half day of work to go to the butcher with a woman who use to work at the clinic I work at. She is a large animal vet and every year she raises a cow with a farmer and they have it slaughtered. So the past 2 years I have bought part of the beef and yesterday we went to pick it up. The butcher was about an hour and a half away in the middle of nowhere, but it was a nice drive.

Anywho on the way home we stopped and did a couple farm calls on the way home. One of the farms had alpca's and we went to take blood from a baby. The baby was a male who was 24 hours old and they are so cute! So after talking to the owner and the vet for awhile I really want an alpca!;)

Hey!!! Haven't seen you about in a while. :heart: Alpacas are really cute. I went through a phase where I wanted one, but I don't think it would be happy in my condo. Yesturday I did a whole lot of nothing and it was grand.

Yesterday, I got a call from my boss to head out to a DSL install for him, as he had to meet with his lawyer all day about his divorce and that junk.
I get out to this DSL install, found sync at the NID, but it was low. Worked with the techs on the phone, I temporarily hooked up a spare dsl modem I had with me into the test port of the NID, and ran an extension cord run from a AC inverter in my my truck to the DSL modem. Got sync eventually. Called customer. She was about to cancel service, but talked her into keeping the connection since I got service working. (FairPoint had fucked up the circuit three times, so the Service Ready date was pushed ahead by like 2 weeks).

She comes over pretty quick. Nice looking 30 something MILF. Anyway, found out she had a roommate living in the basement of this single fam house who had his own DSL service with FP. So I had to crossconnect the yellow/black pair from the NID to the customer's bedroom upstairs to get the DSL working. She was satisfied I guess.

Later in the day I went out on a service call to fix this woman's laptop, which I thought had removed most of the malware. Was about to leave and the laptop bluescreened. Brought it back to my office, and it is still bluescreening. Looks like I'll have to format/reinstall the thing. Fucking malware.

Last edited:
I picked up the dog from day care after work and was promptly given a wet & sloppy spit bath. They must give her water as I walk in the door as spite for leaving satan's child at the facility for 8 hours. What kind of noise does an alpaca make?

What kind of noise does an alpaca make?

ERage is right. You are a freak.

Anyway, yesterday I did a Kenpo workout and upgraded the forums to the latest release. I worked also. Had to polish up a script I wrote to delete certificates off a PC, because some genius here decided to push out bad certs.

because some genius here decided to push out bad certs.
picture.php

?

ur pictar failed for me.

Anyway, we use 802.1x certs to validate machines to get an IP address. Well over the weekend, someone accidentally pushed new INVALID certs. When the machines rebooted or the DHCP lease expired, they were denied an IP. That means that you have to touch every machine because the network is dead!

Well after much bitching, they FINALLY turned 802.1x off, so that the machines could at least connect to the network. THEN I had to write a script to delete all certs on every machine in the company. After that, group policy would push down the correct cert...

fun++