So, what are your plans for Mothers Day?

smileynev said:
If she births you she's a mother. If she raises you she is a mother. Did she not raise you?

I'm just arguing semantics really. But just because a woman has a baby, it does not make her a mother...imo. If that were the case then Adrea Yates would be mother of the year for having 5 kids....except for the fact that she killed them all. Wow what a mother. Then there are addict 'mothers' that have little crack babies. NOT mother-like imo. The title of 'mother' is earned by how a woman raises her children, it doesn't come by default just cuz she had a baby, least in my eyes anyway.

Pandora said:
I'm just arguing semantics really. But just because a woman has a baby, it does not make her a mother...imo. If that were the case then Adrea Yates would be mother of the year for having 5 kids....except for the fact that she killed them all. Wow what a mother. Then there are addict 'mothers' that have little crack babies. NOT mother-like imo. The title of 'mother' is earned by how a woman raises her children, it doesn't come by default just cuz she had a baby, least in my eyes anyway.

I agree with you, it takes a little more effort to earn the title. Same thing with dad's, just cause a man contributes sperm doesn't make him the father of the baby.

I'm getting my mom's (my mom and my mother in law) a collage of my daughter, they love pictures, and something else to go with it, but I haven't decided yet, probably chocolates. I'm trying to get Knyte to come up with something but he is useless.

kiwi said:
I agree with you, it takes a little more effort to earn the title. Same thing with dad's, just cause a man contributes sperm doesn't make him the father of the baby.

I'm getting my mom's (my mom and my mother in law) a collage of my daughter, they love pictures, and something else to go with it, but I haven't decided yet, probably chocolates. I'm trying to get Knyte to come up with something but he is useless.

See it's funny because I'm useless and I post on UF. :fly:

edit: :rolleyes:

kiwi said:

Why do parents always think people want pics of their kids?

Well I am planning on taking her out for brunch (just the two of us) at her fav restaurant, and then I am sending her to the spa, and getting her a cd that she wants :tard:

Pandora said:
Any female with working plumbing can do that. But that is not what makes a woman a mother. :tard:

QFMFT. There's a big difference between what I call an "egg donor" and a mother.

Plans for Mother's Day? Dunno, I just hope it doesn't involve my kids bringing in any more living critters. I don't know how many more we can manage without having to be licensed as a zoo.

Pandora said:

Oh. cool.

fly said:
Why do parents always think people want pics of their kids?

Because everyone does. At least everyone wants pics of my daughter. I don't know about all those ugly kids, though.