Hawt So we have two tv antennas in the attic

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,296
from one of the previous owners. I only got a brief glimpse during the WAW offensive home inspection, said today I went up to take a better look while I changed the air filter in the furnace.

One antenna is setup and pointed correctly and "hooked up". The other is laying there.

What I do find funny was the fact that the coax lines were haphazardly stripped and scotch taped to a splitter being used as a combiner. Someone didn't have coax connectors to crimp on.

So I put some proper connectors on the one.

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Prolly get a simple preamp for it too.

:cool:

Yup I love finding those gems. Copper wires twisted together and electrical taped. Or wire nutted. Or fucking silver satin/stranded wire line cord used in walls.

Turn it into a directional wifi antenna, send out some cancer rays in one very specific direction

This is going to be my major project for january. I want to have the cord cut completely once the superbowl is done.
Yeah, if you have attic access, its pretty damn easy to do. Whats super nice is that every station boradcasts from the same location.

I do. So you put your antenna in your attic?

Attic, outside, wherever you can point it at the stations you find on this map. Just make sure you ground it before it hits your TV/PVR/Linux box/farm animal.

Kodi with Genesis, an HDHomerun and a tv backend for Kodi

Or Kodi with MythTV and whatever V4L device you happen to feel like buying (just avoid things with the conexant SAA7164 chipset, their linux driver is buggy as fuck).

kodi is such a fuckin stupid name.

I know they wanted to get away from xbox media center, but they could just changed the acronym to something like Xenon Boobs Media Center or Xtreme Blast Motor Cars.

Both of those are less stupid than Kodi.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and Jehannum