Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,768
Steam
heyfubuddy
...at work.
No ones really sure what he does.
His names on the org chart in an ambiguous location.
He comes to our staff meeting, and is included on all org emails.
He has an office
His boss wont really say what his function is
Hes not seen around much

Anyone else have a person like this? Is he some kind of cia operative?

We have one of those right now. Bosses' friend. He is not paid, but instead pays the company $300/mo to let him keep a desk here. He needs a place to go to escape his wife. He pretty much just hangs out.

There are a few people in my division that their job is nothing but Starbucks breaks or smoke break. I swear they don't actually do anything but it must be tiring.

Hey get out of my remit bozo!

Ask DJB about the guy in the factory who used to sit on a bucket all day long in a cupboard. That's one funny story.

When I joined a large company many years ago, there used to be a guy who I saw in various break rooms throughout the day. I got to know him and eventually discovered what everyone else knew. He never had a job to do. He joined the company something like 15 years earlier and on his first day a supervisor told him 'Go sit over there and I'll find something for you to do shortly'. So he went and sat on an upturned bucket and read the newspaper. At the end of the day he went home. Returned the next day and resumed his wait. After a few more days of this he decided he'd rather sit somewhere else so he wandered off into a different area and sat there. To cut a long story short, he'd disappeared from any supervisors radar so no-one noticed he was 'missing'. Every day he clocked into the factory, wandered around the break areas chatting to people etc and did no work. For 15 years!!!

Even better is that he told me he wasn't the only 'lost' worker. He took me to an unused area of the building and introduced me to a guy who had a barely furnished office. He also had no job to do but got paid anyway. He ran his wifes driving school from his office space.

And people wonder why British industry is dead.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person