So tonight we put our dog "B" to rest

bast_imret said:
Best of wishes you two. How are the other pups doing? I bet they miss him too.

It's really hard to say. Willy has picked up on some of B's habits where now when we leave he throws himself into the front door and screams and cries. That's pretty new. Cola has been keeping to himself alot and I noticed him paying special attention to the area we buried B in yesterday.

I have a great picture of him that our friend Jeff left for me on my desk at work of "B" laying the in inflated airmattress just a few weeks ago when we had our Crystal Method Sleepover.

Shawn and I each have one of his tags and it gets a little easier every day.

Candy said:
It's really hard to say. Willy has picked up on some of B's habits where now when we leave he throws himself into the front door and screams and cries. That's pretty new. Cola has been keeping to himself alot and I noticed him paying special attention to the area we buried B in yesterday.

I have a great picture of him that our friend Jeff left for me on my desk at work of "B" laying the in inflated airmattress just a few weeks ago when we had our Crystal Method Sleepover.

:( :( :(

Candy said:

the boys miss him too :(

on a lighter note; I work with a big black dude named Willy and I always think about your dog and giggle to myself when I talk to him.

shawndavid said:
I was worried about this. Not to be morbid, but I really hope it's not for the wrong reason.

You haveta be reaaaly careful with that. When my little Emmy girl died Dad dug 3+ feet down for her. Something could still sense her tho and would dig at her spot. We put some more dirt on top to help protect her. They gave up and we didn't notice any more disturbances around her. If it gets to be a problem (with your pups or any other animal) try getting a nice little statue or something and cover the area with something.

Pandora said:
You haveta be reaaaly careful with that. When my little Emmy girl died Dad dug 3+ feet down for her. Something could still sense her tho and would dig at her spot. We put some more dirt on top to help protect her. They gave up and we didn't notice any more disturbances around her. If it gets to be a problem (with your pups or any other animal) try getting a nice little statue or something and cover the area with something.
Or you can lay a little chain link over the area. The grass will grow over it and you won't see it. Its also obviously dogguh proof.

shawndavid said:
I was worried about this. Not to be morbid, but I really hope it's not for the wrong reason.

I know. My thoughts exactly. The chain link fence is a good idea - we could use the reminder of the blockade I made out of his cage to keep them from getting out of the backyard.

I was also thinking about taking the potted "wandering jew" plants out and planting them there - they are purple and would be quite appropriate. Does anyone know if they are a vine and if they will grow on a piece of fence? They need to be replanted anyway... :eek:

Candy said:
I know. My thoughts exactly. The chain link fence is a good idea - we could use the reminder of the blockade I made out of his cage to keep them from getting out of the backyard.

I was also thinking about taking the potted "wandering jew" plants out and planting them there - they are purple and would be quite appropriate. Does anyone know if they are a vine and if they will grow on a piece of fence? They need to be replanted anyway... :eek:

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I recently killed my hanging "wandering jew."

There's a plant called a wandering jew?

Clearly I need to sell them at the farmer's market on Saturday mornings. PROVIDE A HOME FOR A WANDERING JEW

April23 said:
Hmm.. I'm not sure. I recently killed my hanging "wandering jew."

Yeah - I don't know how I know this is it's name but here is it's picture:

Wandering_Jew_pl.jpg

EDIT: it;'s not that ugly in person : - (

Dear Bandit,

I am truly sorry that we are currently discussing the killing of Jews, even wandering ones, in your thread. We really mean no harm and the point isn't to sully your thread or wonderful life. It is the way of this forum and not much can change that. In your honor, the thread stayed on topic for as long as possible here. 2 pages.

Miss you lots,
Zac