So tonight we put our dog "B" to rest

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

On a somewhat related topic... I have a question for those out there... if your pet had cancer, would you spend thousands of dollars trying for a cure?

I go back and forth on this issue. Sometimes I think it's absurd to spend such money on an animal. But then they do become a part of the family and obviously have an emotional bond with us, so don't they deserve it? But then again, their lifespan isn't very long anyway, so is it worth the pain of the hopeful cure just for a little more time?

wonko80 said:

On a somewhat related topic... I have a question for those out there... if your pet had cancer, would you spend thousands of dollars trying for a cure?

I go back and forth on this issue. Sometimes I think it's absurd to spend such money on an animal. But then they do become a part of the family and obviously have an emotional bond with us, so don't they deserve it? But then again, their lifespan isn't very long anyway, so is it worth the pain of the hopeful cure just for a little more time?

no

I would say it depends on the person. For everyone there's gonna be a break point at which it just becomes too much money. Maybe due to level of income, maybe due to having the mindset that it's absurd to spend such money on an animal. But I'm sure that point would vary from person to person.

Kiwi and I saw a sign the other night that was offering a $5,000 Reward for the return of some dog THAT HAD LIVER PROBLEMS. It said on the sign not to feed the dog because it required a special kind of food.

It boggles my mind.

wonko80 said:

I would do what I can, but if it's meant to be... it's meant to be. :(

KNYTE said:
Kiwi and I saw a sign the other night that was offering a $5,000 Reward for the return of some dog THAT HAD LIVER PROBLEMS. It said on the sign not to feed the dog because it required a special kind of food.

It boggles my mind.

Well to some people, thier pets is all they have. :(

But then....If I had the money I wouldn't think twice offering 5k to get a loved pet back.

Well at least you had this B on your couch all night!

Again, I am sorry guys, B will be missed

I remember when I first met him, I thought he was gonna eat me but no, here comes the nicest dog in the world( with hair :) )

:heart: to you both. Don't let doubt about the decision weigh down your heart. Be comforted by the good times you were able to share with him. You guys took good care of him and gave him a happy loving home. That is soooo much more than a lot of other doggahs have.

Pandora said:
:heart: to you both. Don't let doubt about the decision weigh down your heart. Be comforted by the good times you were able to share with him. You guys took good care of him and gave him a happy loving home. That is soooo much more than a lot of other doggahs have.

Isn't that the truth.

:heart: To the B lovers. I've never had the privilage of meeting B.

superdog4lo.jpg

Fly true, li'l doggie!

bandit4uf.JPG

I had a nice paragraph typed up and somehow I managed to delete it before it posted. Oh well... here is our boy a little over a year ago. Yes, Zac & Ape he is wearing a pink collar - we switched to purple late last year. ; - )

The support from you guys and everyone at UF has been unreal. The flowers really made our day.

If I had to do it all over again I don't think I would have made the same decision though. As Shawn put it we played: Judge, Jury and Executioner.

I take comfort in the thought that now he is running around in a field of paper towls rolls dotted with special square bushes.

Candy said:
bandit4uf.JPG

I had a nice paragraph typed up and somehow I managed to delete it before it posted. Oh well... here is our boy a little over a year ago. Yes, Zac & Ape he is wearing a pink collar - we switched to purple late last year. ; - )

The support from you guys and everyone at UF has been unreal. The flowers really made our day.

If I had to do it all over again I don't think I would have made the same decision though. As Shawn put it we played: Judge, Jury and Executioner.

I take comfort in the thought that now he is running around in a field of paper towls rolls dotted with special square bushes.
And 10,000 trash cans full of leftovers.

Sorry to hear. RIP :(

NEAR this spot
Are deposited the Remains
of one
Who possessed Beauty
Without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
And all the Virtues of Man
Without his Vices.
This Praise, which would be unmeaning flattery
If inscribed over Human Ashes,