So tonight we put our dog "B" to rest

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
Today an incident happened, which confirmed the fact that "B" aka Bandit would have to be put down. After opinions by my Mom, Shawn's Mom and most importantly, the vet (who has been his vet for 12+ years) we had to do it.

I guess this is a blog - but I feel that I need to talk about it.

More info to come on the details, but for right now I want to honor his memory. Call me crazy! :eek:

So, we gave him proper burial instead of opting for the "group" creamtion. It was tough. But he is laid to rest in our backyard. And unexpected. I'm going to bed with a very, very heavy heart - my "B" was with me 12+ YEARS! Sorry UF.

Content: Under what circumstances do we take this decision in our own hands? This is the worse thing I've had to endure in long time.

I'm not looking forward to waking up tomorrow and knowing he is gone. :(

I've been through that exact same thing 3 times now. And let me tell you, I will never again stand next to my pet, hold their little head in my hands, and feel them breathe their last breath. The last one was it for me. Clearly I'm too much of a pussy to be able to watch my little furry family members die, and I'm okay with that. I did briefly want to kill the vet's assistant though, as she fed each its toxic intravenous cocktail. Talk about an odd mixture of emotions. In the end though, it's what's best and you know that. It's either a quick painless end or exactly the opposite.

My first kitty was with me for 19 years. At the time she died, she was in the background of literally every single memory I had. After her it was 18 years with my next kittah and then 9 years.

It's never the "right" thing to do in your heart, but it's the right thing to do. I'm sorry sugartits, I really do feel your pain. :(

:heart:

It never gets easier duder. My first thread on this forum was about having to put down some dog that wasnt even really a pet, we picked him up on a farm :tard:

But, not suffering anymore, that's a big plus, even though it may seem like an abstract concept at the moment.

I know what you are feeling, we had to put down our Golden Retriever of 12 years last May. It sucks :(

shawndavid said:
It's been a rough weekend thus far. Thank you for the kind words.

It's unimaginable the feelings you go through when times like these come along.

We :heart: you guys.

Im sorry for the loss of your pet. For some people its hard for them to fathom that a dog or cat becomes a member of your family. But for me I understand completely as I have 1 dog and 6 cats. DeeDee the Sheltie and Dottie the cat are the elder stateswomen of the group at 12 yrs old each. I dread the day that I have to put either one of them down.

MONSOON said:
Im sorry for the loss of your pet. For some people its hard for them to fathom that a dog or cat becomes a member of your family. But for me I understand completely as I have 1 dog and 6 cats. DeeDee the Sheltie and Dottie the cat are the elder stateswomen of the group at 12 yrs old each. I dread the day that I have to put either one of them down.
I hope I go before my pets.

I grew up with a shepherd and when it's day came after 15 years(I was ~14) I couldn't bring myself to go with my parents for the last trip to the vet...I know your pain

<3 to amy and shawn