So throw a pumpkin about it

Wren

Flaccid Member
Oct 16, 2006
Marklar
₥0
My friends and I decided to do something a little different for Halloween. We made a trebuchet, 4.25' tall, 6' long, with a throwing arm totaling 8' in length. We used 150lbs of counterweight. We built the whole thing saturday afternoon, stored it on my friend's back porch, and moved it to a field near dusk.

6474548094e1248b.jpg

Sorry but this is the only other pic I have of it that you can see much in.

6474548094e10cd5.jpg

This is the largest remaining piece of the pumpkin.

6474548094e14031.jpg

We didn't have a full-on video camera, but a digicam with video function ... got this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7975063064477845475

God it was awesome. :D

There is a contest up north somewhere called Pumpkin Chunkin. There are three classes. One is the trebuchet. How far did you send those pumpkins?

Nice. I made one last year with our local school's Science Olympiad group. They came in second in the competition. It was sized to throw a tennis ball, so iirc it's max height was like 2-2.5 feet tall when at rest. It was probably about 1/3 scale of what you built. Those things are fun.

Wow as in - "Wow those kids aren't getting laid."

Did you try at least throwing yourselves?

Alright bitch. We see your fangs, you can go hide from the sun now.

What was the distance?

About 75 feet. :p Not going to win any awards, I know.

Nice. I made one last year with our local school's Science Olympiad group. They came in second in the competition. It was sized to throw a tennis ball, so iirc it's max height was like 2-2.5 feet tall when at rest. It was probably about 1/3 scale of what you built. Those things are fun.

Ah, the science olympiad ... I thought about joining that one year but the only two partners left were both ex-girlfriends of mine. I remember I had such angst about it, it feels good to look back and laugh now. :lol:

The Storm the Castle event is pretty cool though. Good times. :)

Very sweet

I think it'd be fun to lob macaroni encased in saran wrap at trick-or-treaters with that sucker

Or pig entrails, whatevers handy

:D