So... This thread will probably fail. Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,324
Steam
mattressfish
I'd like to implement some contests around here. Of course there will be pretty good prizes, I think. Maybe make it a little more exciting. Maybe draw in some new people. I dunno...

So here's the first contest: Come up with a good, fun contest idea. From contests before, I can tell you it should be known that people are genuinely lazy and will not go out of their way to do this. It should be simple, fun, and maybe creative. If your contest idea is chosen the best, you'll win a free 1yr subscription to Amazon Prime.

As this is an ontopic thread, there should only be discussions of valid contest ideas. Anything else will be deleted and I fucking hate deleting posts, as its gay. So dont.

Finding images requested. Some creativity has to be used since everyone has google.

Picture scavenger hunt. Post a picture of something including user name(so googled images won't work).

I'd like to implement some contests around here. Of course there will be pretty good prizes, I think. Maybe make it a little more exciting. Maybe draw in some new people. I dunno...

So here's the first contest: Come up with a good, fun contest idea. From contests before, I can tell you it should be known that people are genuinely lazy and will not go out of their way to do this. It should be simple, fun, and maybe creative. If your contest idea is chosen the best, you'll win a free 1yr subscription to Amazon Prime.

As this is an ontopic thread, there should only be discussions of valid contest ideas. Anything else will be deleted and I fucking hate deleting posts, as its gay. So dont.

Yes, I have a question about contests. Mostly, when I will receive the compensation for the last contest.

i really dug the photos of the week thing that kiwi was doing. maybe we could have a weekly photo thing and then a winner quarterly or something. whomever wins the most weekly photos wins.

On the OTHER forum, I posted a Goatse-lookalike contest with 311sam. The trick was to impersonate the famous image to the best of your abilities.

Unfortunately I won :(

On the OTHER forum, I posted a Goatse-lookalike contest with 311sam. The trick was to impersonate the famous image to the best of your abilities.

Unfortunately I won :(

need to see your winning picture for reference.

I for one, like the photo-scavenger hunt idea. It's always been a fun thing to do in the past, although I don't see how it'd draw new people or anything.

How about you give us all 10 uselessforums bumper stickers and we see who can put them in the most noticable places (ie: stopsigns or something)... pictures for proof.

need to see your winning picture for reference.

I for one, like the photo-scavenger hunt idea. It's always been a fun thing to do in the past, although I don't see how it'd draw new people or anything.

How about you give us all 10 uselessforums bumper stickers and we see who can put them in the most noticable places (ie: stopsigns or something)... pictures for proof.

I don't have them available on this machine, sorry. All I remember is that getting fingers 7 and 8 inside to do the stretching was just too much for me :(

PS - and I didn't have a wedding band on :(

Here are some ideas I have.

1. "Name That Tune" is always a fun one...as long as someone can make up song bites and post them.

2. We could do a one line story thread. The thread will start with one line opening a story. Next poster adds a line, so on and so forth. I am not really sure how you would judge that one, so maybe not a good contest. *sighs*

3. We could do a "How well do you know your fellow forumites?" contests. Each week a moderator will post the name of a forum member with some questions about him/her. All answers to the questions can be found in the forums. First person to submit the correct answers wins.

4. We could do a weekly dirty limerick contest or maybe a weekly Haiku contest. The Game moderator could pick a weekly topic and submissions could be voted on by the forum people or a panel of judges.

Here are some ideas I have.

1. "Name That Tune" is always a fun one...as long as someone can make up song bites and post them.

I was literally just typing that :D

I would do this if I wasn't so slammed at work. Actually if someone shows me where to upload I could problaby do it.

it'd be fun to judge the best "random acts of kindness", but it'd mean you'd trust everyone on here to have done what they said they did.

maybe we could put the winners' monies towards a charity or something in UF's name. :hi2u:

Let's have a best boobs contest and we all post nudes of our boobs.

Winnar!

But really, my idea is a game of survivor. It takes a little time, but we are playing it on another forum and it's lots of fun. You split everyone up that wants to play into tribes and they do challenges and the loser votes of people up until you have a winner.

i say we play the passport game. we have meets twice a year and the first one to get their passport stamped full wins! the first meet will be in atlanta.

Deadline for contest entries is now Friday. If you have any other suggestions, get them in! I think we might have a winner in here already though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.