Ontopic So this doesn't suck as bad now...

I don't really know what to say, but hopefully everything goes smoothly and she's back to her old self in no time! :heart:

Hmm.... Aku has a passing resemblance to Merman

C2qe4.jpg
blog_merman_dramatic.jpg

Well there's no easy way to say it. So my wife was having some problems with her poop. We got is checked out, she had a colonoscopy, and she's been diagnosed with colon cancer. It's pretty fucked up to hear that, let me tell you. The good news is that it's a polyp that they should be able to remove with surgery. We'll meet the surgeon next week and schedule a date for her. Basically, after they cut out a piece of her colon, they examine it to see what stage it is, using that to determine what course of action to go to from there, ie chemo/radiation. It's likely to be surgery only, and that's what we're hoping for. My wife is in pretty good spirits, and we've had a lot of support from close friends and family. Her mom took it really bad, as my father in law goes in for cancer surgery this week. My son doesn't know anything yet, other than mommy has a sore tummy. I imagine that's going to be a difficult conversation.

So waw, I guess your little colon seed problem just got one upped...your move.

Anyhow, please send us some good vibes, we'd really appreciate it. :heart:

Hug your loved ones every day.
I teared up reading this. I'd give you guys a huge hug if I could right now. :heart: You must be terrified because the thought alone to me--if fly ever got cancer, I think I'd lose it. You're stronger than me tho...:heart: Props to your wife being in good spirits considering; that alone does wonders for ones health.

Well there's no easy way to say it. So my wife was having some problems with her poop. We got is checked out, she had a colonoscopy, and she's been diagnosed with colon cancer. It's pretty fucked up to hear that, let me tell you. The good news is that it's a polyp that they should be able to remove with surgery. We'll meet the surgeon next week and schedule a date for her. Basically, after they cut out a piece of her colon, they examine it to see what stage it is, using that to determine what course of action to go to from there, ie chemo/radiation. It's likely to be surgery only, and that's what we're hoping for. My wife is in pretty good spirits, and we've had a lot of support from close friends and family. Her mom took it really bad, as my father in law goes in for cancer surgery this week. My son doesn't know anything yet, other than mommy has a sore tummy. I imagine that's going to be a difficult conversation.

So waw, I guess your little colon seed problem just got one upped...your move.

Anyhow, please send us some good vibes, we'd really appreciate it. :heart:

Hug your loved ones every day.

Omg, I'm so sorry!! What made her get a colonoscopy?

Man, Trey. I'm sorry to hear this, but I have no doubts she'll get through it. You have all of my best intentions and wishes for her recovery and your mental well being.

tre!!! :(

i don't know what to say, either, except this is SO scary...cancer is scaring the fuck outta me lately!!

i'm so so so sorry, and like drool said...i can't IMAGINE trying to get through something like this. but i know you will. :heart:

:heart: :heart: man. :(

so, March 21st will be surgery day. We met the surgeon on Monday, and he's very optimistic that this is just a stage1-2. Can't tell for sure until after the surgery, when we get the pathology results.

so, March 21st will be surgery day. We met the surgeon on Monday, and he's very optimistic that this is just a stage1-2. Can't tell for sure until after the surgery, when we get the pathology results.

Thankfully she still is young and can fight this! :)

I told you, you worrisome bastard. :heart:

If there is any kind of positive energy left in me, I'll do my best to channel it up north on the 21st.

i also wanna say that i watched the movie 50-50 with my wife the other day. big mistake, that's sad as fuck, but a great movie.