So there is a dog up for adoption...

ieholly said:
some dogs are smarter than other dogs, but they are all just dogs.
Give them credit... they aren't blessed with brains as capable as yours. They can do things that we can't... like sniff cocaine out of someones underwear or hear things we can't hear.

OMG they are superdogs. :shifty:

If your hubby is fine with it and you have the room in your house for that size dog, by all means give her a good home! She's a beautiful golden too, and finding nice purebreeds like that up for adoption is pretty rare. She's already through puppy years, so that has it's benifits and drawbacks (you missed out on the cute puppy months, but also on the peeing, pooping and chewing everything in the house months too). And goldens are super sweet and loving. Get a good vacuum cleaner though, you're going to need it for all that hair.

bast_imret said:
If your hubby is fine with it and you have the room in your house for that size dog, by all means give her a good home! She's a beautiful golden too, and finding nice purebreeds like that up for adoption is pretty rare. She's already through puppy years, so that has it's benifits and drawbacks (you missed out on the cute puppy months, but also on the peeing, pooping and chewing everything in the house months too). And goldens are super sweet and loving. Get a good vacuum cleaner though, you're going to need it for all that hair.

Your completely right on everything except one point. I didn't miss her puppy years. I was there when she was born, and have watched her grow up. We get to see my boss' dogs all the time because they are often at the office for blood work, breeding, xrays, etc.

HifiGirly said:
Your completely right on everything except one point. I didn't miss her puppy years. I was there when she was born, and have watched her grow up. We get to see my boss' dogs all the time because they are often at the office for blood work, breeding, xrays, etc.

Wish the doggie wasn't so far away from me- I've been wanting to get a good family dog and a golden is right on the top of my list. I used to have one quite a few years ago, and I absolutely loved him :)

HifiGirly said:

well then what are you waiting for? You already have a bond with the dog. What is making you hesitant? What "no" factors are there?

April23 said:
Give them credit... they aren't blessed with brains as capable as yours. They can do things that we can't... like sniff cocaine out of someones underwear or hear things we can't hear.

OMG they are superdogs. :shifty:
you never know, she can't understand how dogs are smart... maybe her brain isn't as capable as you'd think. :shifty:

ieholly said:
some dogs are smarter than other dogs, but they are all just dogs.
The same could be said for humans.... Nevertheless, it's quite apparent that some humans are more intelligent than others.

HydroSqueegee said:
:eek: But don't you want the puppy to have a good loving home??? Don't you want your kids to know the love and affection that a loyal dog can bring? Don't you want them to learn how to care for other living creatures? Learn about compassion and empathy??

Why you got all that hate for teh puppah??? :p

Pandora said:
We have 4 kitties too!!! And two dogs!

You should definatly get the puppah! She has such a sweet face!! And they're good with kids! :heart:
Hey, I implemented the Pimpin Poop Palace 3000 for my litter box. An idea that your wife gave me. Cool++

Pandora said:
:eek: But don't you want the puppy to have a good loving home??? Don't you want your kids to know the love and affection that a loyal dog can bring? Don't you want them to learn how to care for other living creatures? Learn about compassion and empathy??

Why you got all that hate for teh puppah??? :p

They already have 4 pets though.