FYI So Ted Cruz is running NASA. A win for anti-science!

I like how you've retooled the, "YOU DONT HAVE KIDS, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND" argument here to make it relevant. I don't have to know how to build one, I just have to have faith in the nuclear engineers, scientists, and physicists who do know their shit that are designing them.
Not the same thing at all.

When the research community is united in praise of a new nuclear reactor, then you'll have reason to have faith. Thorium is nowhere near close to having that kind of consensus.

I have kids, and I still don't understand.

Seriously, you've got to learn the difference between "research" and "application".
What is your argument here? That your family is scared of nuclear power, so we all should be? That we shouldn't invest in the technology? That we need consensus from every scientist on the planet about nuclear energy, while we continue to shit up the planet with coal?

What EXACTLY is your argument here?

What is your argument here? That your family is scared of nuclear power, so we all should be? That we shouldn't invest in the technology? That we need consensus from every scientist on the planet about nuclear energy, while we continue to shit up the planet with coal?

What EXACTLY is your argument here?
My argument is that we, as a country, as an economy, and as a scientific community, have decided that solar and wind energy are better alternatives, regardless of what some half-baked idiots on the internet say.

People in the nuclear industry discount new reactors for both safety and viability.

People in the economy won't insure something that has the potential to irreparably pollute the commons shared by millions of people.

People in the country won't share land with any sort of nuclear reactor, "unmeltdownable" or otherwise.

Last edited: