So Rum...

tre said:
make a mojito

You might as well put a penis in your mouth and use the rum to gargle the taste away...

Here is what you need to enjoy Rum.

1x Freezer (optional)
2x Shotglass (1.5-3oz)*
1x Bottle of rum
1x 2 liter of soda (flavor up to you)

Put the rum in the freezer until chilled. (optional)
Do shots until you pass out, occasionally chasing with soda.

There you go, you're a rum drinker now.

*The second shot glass is only to be used if you can't find 'Man Sized' 3oz shotglasses.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Nay, but I'll give it a whirl if I happen accross it on your recommendation

What Dan isn't going to tell you is that Gosling's is dark, uber dark. It has a bold flavor and can be someone daunting if all your only other rum experience was white or light flavors.

Aside from that it is indeed quite good. I prefer it for rum based boat-drinks as vs. the traditional rum 'n coke. The flavor can't stand up to the sugary soda, making it something of a waste.

So now that you've added Rum to the list FG, when do you pick up your first bottle of Patron?

Ok, so yeah I got to try 100% agave tequila sometime since all Ive had is rockgut.

Are there any type of liquor I've not tried yet?

Ive hit:

Scotch
Irish whiskey
Bourbon
Brandy
Akvavit
Vodka
Gin
Tequila - crappy kind
Rum - white
Wine - white/red
Schnapps

So there left like:

Port
Absinthe
Jager

Last edited:
dbzeag said:
You haven't tried Jager or absinthe yet.
Totally forgot about jager and absinthe.

I've also had some kind of Czech liquer, it was NASTY. Cant remember the name for the life of me.

If your experience with Wine can be summed up by White/Red I'd say you had a bit more work to do in that area. :D

At the very least you should be able to tell the difference between Varietals (Cabernet, Merlot, Zinfandel, Pinot, Shiraz, Chardonnay, etc.) You should also get to know some of the different styles (pinot gris vs. pinot grigio for example). Third on the 'Wine to do' list would be regional sampling (german, french, italian, californian, australian, south american, etc.)

You also need to add Sake to the list.