So now that JonBenet's killer has been arrested

Pandora said:
I AM SO F'N SICK OF JONBENET! The news media can blow me for covering this crap. They call this news. Hundreds of girls are killed or worse everyday and you might hear a 5 min blurb about it on the news. But we've been hearing about this for years. Why is the news all over this? Is THIS what people need to know about? :rant:

It's usually about who has the money and the connections. How prominent is the family in the community? That's my belief anyway.

Pandora said:
I AM SO F'N SICK OF JONBENET! The news media can blow me for covering this crap. They call this news. Hundreds of girls are killed or worse everyday and you might hear a 5 min blurb about it on the news. But we've been hearing about this for years. Why is the news all over this? Is THIS what people need to know about? :rant:
You should take some prozac with your estrogen.

b_sinning said:
I've been watching too much Law and Order again.

If this guy did do it then waht about the faked ransom note in their handwriting.
did they ever prove that someone faked the ransom note?

I think now they are saying John Karr's arrest explains the presence of a ransom note, since he claims to have botched a kidnapping

elpmis said:
did they ever prove that someone faked the ransom note?

I think now they are saying John Karr's arrest explains the presence of a ransom note, since he claims to have botched a kidnapping

Wasn't some of the window glass in the basement broken out in the wrong direction and the note was on stationary from the house and in the moms writing. Something odd like that. I saw some unsolved mystries thing on it years agao so I may be fuzzy on the exact details.

Pandora said:

I agree with this. Yet bad news is good news for the media.

b_sinning said:
Wasn't some of the window glass in the basement broken out in the wrong direction and the note was on stationary from the house and in the moms writing. Something odd like that. I saw some unsolved mystries thing on it years agao so I may be fuzzy on the exact details.
"Investigators determined that the lengthy ransom note was written on a pad of paper that belonged to the Ramsey family. A Sharpie felt-tip pen similar to the one used to write the note was found in a container on the Ramseys' kitchen counter, along with other pens of the same type. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, on the same pad of paper, a practice sheet of the ransom note was found. No fingerprints could be detected on the note. The text of the note had many odd features, including the fact that $118,000 was demanded. Perhaps coincidentally, John Ramsey earned a bonus that year of $118,117.50. Also during investigation of the home, police reported that John Ramsey's Bible was found on his desk in his office open to Psalm 118. The police regarded the ransom price a suspiciously low amount of money in proportion to John Ramsey's income.

Several handwriting samples were taken from a number of suspects who might have written the ransom note. Forensic analysis cleared everyone except for Patsy Ramsey, whose writing style bore some resemblance to the ransom note."

Baring resemblance doesn't mean 100% that she wrote it though. Patsy is now dead from ovarian cancer, so you know how that goes.

The key thing, I believe, is that they have a DNA sample from JonBenet's underwear:

"In December 2003, forensic investigators extracted enough material from a mixed blood sample found on JonBenét's underwear to establish a DNA profile. The DNA belongs to an unknown male. The DNA was submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), a database containing over 1.6 million DNA profiles, mainly from convicted felons. The sample has yet to find a match in the database, although it continues to be checked for partial matches on a weekly basis."

If it matches John Karr, bam, lock him up

BadMojo said:
It's usually about who has the money and the connections. How prominent is the family in the community? That's my belief anyway.

If it's because the family is big in their community then I would understand why it would be covered heavily in their area. But that doesn't explain why it's the leading story on CNN, on the national news and on my local news yesterday. Just goes to show they don't cover the news, they cover sensational stories.

Perhaps my point is invalid, as elpie and FGH so respectfully implied. But has anyone seen any stories about these kids?
missing.JPG

Pandora said:
If it's because the family is big in their community then I would understand why it would be covered heavily in their area. But that doesn't explain why it's the leading story on CNN, on the national news and on my local news yesterday. Just goes to show they don't cover the news, they cover sensational stories.

Perhaps my point is invalid, as elpie and FGH so respectfully implied. But has anyone seen any stories about these kids?
http://uselessforums.com/files/120505/missing.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]
No chica I totally agree with you on the media only covering what gets ratings- my comment wasn't about that, it was about your raging anti thread topic hate post that you are so famous for

I guess I'm just not fully adjusted to your anti government, anti media, anti celebrity, child hating femanazi approach to web forums. You're also against labeling, so I'm sorry if I just pissed you off.

:heart:

elpmis said:
No chica I totally agree with you on the media only covering what gets ratings- my comment wasn't about that, it was about your raging anti thread topic hate post that you are so famous for

I guess I'm just not fully adjusted to your anti government, anti media, anti celebrity, child hating femanazi approach to web forums. You're also against labeling, so I'm sorry if I just pissed you off.

Sorry, perhaps I stand a little too firm on my convictions. :( I speak up for issues that matter to me because silence only breeds apathy.

Pandora said:
Sorry, perhaps I stand a little too firm on my convictions. :( I speak up for issues that matter to me because silence only breeds apathy.

I speak up for the issues that matter to me too

Luckily for me they are rarely, if not ever, brought up around here

elpmis said:
I speak up for the issues that matter to me too

Luckily for me they are rarely, if not ever, brought up around here

Anal fissures in Amazonian tribesmen?

Wait, that's probably Galen.