Thread So now that I'm a certified mechanic (I can drive)....

I don't have a driveway. I live downtown in a major city. where do you park it? if you have 2 sets of keys you could lock it and leave it running for a while where it happens to be

And if that place is on a road that will get your licence endorsed and a £60 fine over here.

I think it's awesome that you are actively trying to educate yourself on cars..

For future reference:

the dipstick shows how much oil is in the 'sump'.
the battery doesn't need to be removed to be charged.
you can start a car without a battery.
you can buy battery jumpers which are just a big power convertor that you plug into the wall and then connect to your battery.
you put 3 litres of oil in your car. that a bloody lot of oil. I think your father should take a look at it.

I think it's awesome that you are actively trying to educate yourself on cars..

For future reference:

the dipstick shows how much oil is in the 'sump'.
the battery doesn't need to be removed to be charged.
you can start a car without a battery.
you can buy battery jumpers which are just a big power convertor that you plug into the wall and then connect to your battery.
you put 3 litres of oil in your car. that a bloody lot of oil. I think your father should take a look at it.

Well it would be nice to be able to sort these things out myself.

What is the sump?
I need to buy jumpers for sure.
Why is 3 litres too much? The dipstick was like empty, it's not dripping out after putting 3 litres in.

Did you put the oil in the hole inside the engine compartment, or in the hole on the side of the car towards the back?

Did you put the oil in the hole inside the engine compartment, or in the hole on the side of the car towards the back?

I went into the engine room and undid the yellow button that said 'OIL' on it. I then put some cornflakes in to see if it was hungry. I wasn't sure if it wanted sugar on top or not so I figured it wouldn't cause harm to be cautious and put 500kg of that in too.

Well it would be nice to be able to sort these things out myself.

What is the sump?
I need to buy jumpers for sure.
Why is 3 litres too much? The dipstick was like empty, it's not dripping out after putting 3 litres in.

The sump is like a big tray that bolts onto the underside of your engine. Oil drains from the engine collecting in the sump to be pumped back up into the engine again. This is what you would remove in order to do an oil change.

Something is definitely going on with your oil if it was completely empty. Do you know when the last time someone put oil in her?

Well my ex best friend said she put some in, I'm loathe to believe her though, she rarely drove it and it's not like I've been driving it much (maybe 15miles a week or so for 3 weeks so nothing).

When was the last time you checked it djb?

This is what you would remove in order to do an oil change.
:tinfoil:

the whole oil part of the story reminds me of when kidanes ex (the one that wanted to hold his dick while he peed) surprised him by topping off the oil in the sterling

all the way until it got to the top of the crankcase

bitch put like 9 quarts of oil into a 3.2l v6

Last edited:
I would keep an eye on the oil level just to be safe.

Have you noticed a leak since you put oil in?

Nah, I did check when I put it in but I'll check again in a while when I try and start it up.

what year and model car is it?

It's a 1999 (?) Vauxhall Corsa.

Thank you for being helpful btw - I would enjoy being able to fix a car myself despite my apparent glorification of patheticness.