Hawt So MH370 is in Kazakhstan, or something

So, my main belief that it didn't crash.

The cellphones. People were saying that calling the cell phones even a couple days after the crash had them ringing, then going to voicemail.

If a cellphone is dead or not able to be reached, it goes right to VM. Always.

I can easily believe MH370 never crashed, and was instead taken.

that is easy as fuck to verify. Provider can just check tower connections and see if any of the IMSI's touched towers after "Crash time"

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel

The cellphones. People were saying that calling the cell phones even a couple days after the crash had them ringing, then going to voicemail.

there were also pics sent via text message from some of the phones AFTER crash time with embedded exif data....phone hidden in ass

it's entirely dependent on the carriers. the ringing you hear is fake so the system can generate it at various points in the transaction. in some systems as soon as you hit dial you hear the ringing even if you dialed an incorrect - but not invalid - number. so your carrier might give you a ringing even before the attempt has been made on telekom malaiysa's side OR TM could respond back with an "initiate ring" command to your carrier even though it's still searching its network for the recipient

I think older tdma networks forced a ring upon communication with the receiving device only but modern CDMA networks just do it out of habit, it's not a technical limitation

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
also, anyone that has ignored the flight attendents knows that you lose all cell connection at about 5k feet or so.

I just remember a really bad scenario. My buddy was on the phone with a girl he was seeing. She was drunk, stupidly, and we were on the phone trying to convince her to stop driving so we could come and get her. She wouldn't. She crashed. My buddies face went white because he heard the crash. We called her cell phone a bunch of times. first 4 rang as normal. After the 5th attempt, it went right to VM.

That was because that was when her phone, with her, and the rest of her car, went up in flames.

The moment it was not able to be reached is when it went straight to VM without rings. It's a memory I'll have with me pretty much forever.

I just remember a really bad scenario. My buddy was on the phone with a girl he was seeing. She was drunk, stupidly, and we were on the phone trying to convince her to stop driving so we could come and get her. She wouldn't. She crashed. My buddies face went white because he heard the crash. We called her cell phone a bunch of times. first 4 rang as normal. After the 5th attempt, it went right to VM.

That was because that was when her phone, with her, and the rest of her car, went up in flames.

The moment it was not able to be reached is when it went straight to VM without rings. It's a memory I'll have with me pretty much forever.

that's horrifying :(

but anyways, yeah. what you hear on your end of the call is not an indicator to what's going on at the other end. used to be

So, anyway, the moral is that is why I am of the belief that if a phone rings before going to VM, it's still reachable. When it goes straight to VM, it's not.

Well, that's one moral of the story. You can probably figure out the other.

Then how about adding this to that.

There has never been a commercial flight of this magnitude, in this modern of an aircraft that has completely disappeared.

except 1.

That aircraft was also stolen, and never found again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aerial_disappearances

and that one probably went down, too

the world is full of coincidences, two things being similar in one way does not mean they are similar in another way