so...labor day plans?

InfluX said:
forty and fifty below zero with no sun for damn near half a year ceases to be exciting after a very, very short period of time.

Makes people screw a lot though, yeah?

InfluX said:
forty and fifty below zero with no sun for damn near half a year ceases to be exciting after a very, very short period of time. and if you spend your time wishing it'd get bright for twenty minutes then you may it here too in the winter :S . because its constant night for months on end. always dark. :(
Only thing I missed about here when I was in Ontario was the early mornings. During summer the sun rises here just shy of 4am and stays up until after 11pm, but I quickly got used to the patterns over there.

Coldest I've experienced was -33C with wind chill, but on days like that it's nice to just sit inside and savour it, usually makes a great view. Here, where it's dark and rains 10 months of the year it's just downright depressing. Snow seems to make things brighter and easier to cope with.

Galen said:
Only thing I missed about here when I was in Ontario was the early mornings. During summer the sun rises here just shy of 4am and stays up until after 11pm, but I quickly got used to the patterns over there.

Coldest I've experienced was -33C with wind chill, but on days like that it's nice to just sit inside and savour it, usually makes a great view. Here, where it's dark and rains 10 months of the year it's just downright depressing. Snow seems to make things brighter and easier to cope with.

At my grandma's in Superior one year it got to -65F with wind chill. So fucking cold my contacts froze to my eyes, my snot and sinuses solidified and when I inhaled I could literally feel my lungs freezing. It's practically instant death. Not my idea of a good time.

InfluX said:
:p

snow would brighten things up if it were light enough to see it. the only winter consolation i think for me is the northern lights.
Seen that out the window of the Airplane over Keflavik. Would love to see it a bit longer than just a few minutes. Hopefully I'll get to this year.

InfluX said:
well speaking as the foremost tundra wookie in the immediate fairbanks area i-

...i got nothing. :(

I believe I've seen you before, in pictures, and I believe you are very attractive, is that right? Doesn't that make you like the J Lo of Fairbanks?

I don't know what that means, but you get the idea.

InnerMuse said:
My point is if you work things out right, it doesn't become an inconvenience. :heart:

Every time I've been camping there isn't any cell phone service or FIOS around. That's a BIG no no.

InfluX said:
forty and fifty below zero with no sun for damn near half a year ceases to be exciting after a very, very short period of time. and if you spend your time wishing it'd get bright for twenty minutes then you may it here too in the winter :S . because its constant night for months on end. always dark. :(

anyway, cheers to the upcoming labor day weekend

You need to move to florida like the rest of us.

Sarcasmo said:
At my grandma's in Superior one year it got to -65F with wind chill. So fucking cold my contacts froze to my eyes, my snot and sinuses solidified and when I inhaled I could literally feel my lungs freezing. It's practically instant death. Not my idea of a good time.
I love winter in WI.

Influx want a roomate? :D

Im likely going to go to Dragoncon on saturday. I got to work the rest of the time. At least I dodged a bullet in a sense as my dad who in the seven years I've been in Atlanta has come to vist me like twice called me yesterday to see if I was off sunday so they could go to my church. Must be his girlfriends doing.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but considering that I haven't been to that church in over 8 months and secretly I think its to see if im seeing someone or not. Anyhow I just didn't want to be bothered by anyone this weekend so its fine by me.

Drool-Boy said:
Suicide & alcoholism.
-20F outside and 23.5 hours of darkness makes folks loco.

-20 isnt so bad. its when it hits below -35 that it really starts to kill me. that and everything below -35 feels the same...

....yeah, now i think i'm just going to drink until i move.

InfluX said:
-20 isnt so bad. its when it hits below -35 that it really starts to kill me. that and everything below -35 feels the same...

....yeah, now i think i'm just going to drink until i move.

Omgosh move already. Wouldn't it be nice to wear a bikini in November?

This weekend we were going to see a great fireworks display in Cincinnati. They put on a great show for labor day. Instead I will be travelling to Maryland again, sigh. Families can be so demanding. I think I've only been home for a week this month and next month isn't looking much better. I miss my quiet life!

Camping rocks. I like to get unplugged and enjoy some nature as often as possible. I don't care about the inconveniences, however little they seem. It makes me feel more connected and balanced. I hope I get to go camping again sometime in the future. Hey Thrawn, how about you go to Maryland and help my mom move and I'll go camping with your parents? My mom will feed you and buy you beer.

Alaska sounds beautiful but depressing. Cold sucks.

Ryokurin said:
Im likely going to go to Dragoncon on saturday. I got to work the rest of the time. At least I dodged a bullet in a sense as my dad who in the seven years I've been in Atlanta has come to vist me like twice called me yesterday to see if I was off sunday so they could go to my church. Must be his girlfriends doing.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but considering that I haven't been to that church in over 8 months and secretly I think its to see if im seeing someone or not. Anyhow I just didn't want to be bothered by anyone this weekend so its fine by me.

I'm going to be down there...do you have my number? we should meet up for a drink...are you dressing up? :fly: