So just for kicks....

Yeah I'd need additional storage and a better connection. It'd take me 5-10 hours to download those on my DSL, depending on the server.

I hope aliens have enough sense to destroy the planet before a king of the hill movie is released.

yes, let's hope

kang-kodos-790538.jpg

720p are roughly 8gb and 1080p are anywhere from 15-30gb usually

The full disc rips are 8GB, but you can get just the movies (sans menus, special features, all that) at around 4GB.

The difference between SD and 720 is noticable, but I'd be willing to bet that the difference between 720 and 1080 is not nearly as dharmatic.

The full disc rips are 8GB, but you can get just the movies (sans menus, special features, all that) at around 4GB.

The difference between SD and 720 is noticable, but I'd be willing to bet that the difference between 720 and 1080 is not nearly as dharmatic.

I'm told it depends on the screen size. If you're using anything less than 40 inches and eight or teen feet away not even the most discerning eye will be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

but that's just what I hear :o

I heard that eventually all there will be is HD .. and if you dont' have HD stuff (ie tv's, dvd player, ex) that your experience will be quite craptacular.

Might not be true, but it's what I've heard in several places.

When our tv and dvd player needed replacing we just went ahead and got the HD models, same with our Direct TV receivers).