So just for kicks....

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
I "got" an HD version of 300 to compare against the standard DVD version that I "got" a while back and all I can say is "meh".

Yes, it is sharper, noticably sharper.

Yes, it is clearer, noticably clearer.

No, it is not worth the current cost to upgrade to a full-HD setup.

If you have the capabilities to acquire HD rips of movies and play them on your PC without any additional hardware I'd say go for it, but IMO spending the $1,000 (at the very least) or so to upgrade isn't worth it yet.

Check my user title to see if I'm kiddi....wait...GAH! I'll get you for this Fly.

Here is a non-HD hot chick for your trouble...

19645f5b67f1962a.jpg

my old pc doesn't play my HD anime :wtc:
my current pc plays them perfectly though.
and yes there is a difference. watching high quality is so godly. almost came the first time i watched HD anime.

my old pc doesn't play my HD anime :wtc:
my current pc plays them perfectly though.
and yes there is a difference. watching high quality is so godly. almost came the first time i watched HD anime.

Oh there's a difference, I never said there wasn't. My point is that the difference is not worth the current cost.

How are cartoons any better in HD? They're still just drawings and paint no matter the resolution?

Oh there's a difference, I never said there wasn't. My point is that the difference is not worth the current cost.

How are cartoons any better in HD? They're still just drawings and paint no matter the resolution?

yeah, i am not willing to spend the money for HD media/hardware.
there really is a difference in anime. nonHD is kinda blurry and where colors are suppose to be solid they are fuzzy. in HD, zOMG its so hawt and how it is suppose to be.

Buy the combo HD DVDs. Sure they run about $20 a piece, but there's no sense buying non-HD DVDs when you get both formats on one disc. If you ever do upgrade, you won't have to re-purchase all of your movies.

Yeah I'm not down with all the Messican acquisition techniques. It's easier to drop by Fry's on the way home.

Plus whenever I see that store name I think of Futurama, which makes it all worth it.

Theres a new movie on the way.
Next year, I think.

edit - ooo sooner than I thought! - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471711/

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not down with all the Messican acquisition techniques. It's easier to drop by Fry's on the way home.

Plus whenever I see that store name I think of Futurama, which makes it all worth it.

it's easier to go out of your way and spend monies? suit yourself *shrug*

Ill buy a movie if its one I know Ill watch multiple times. Othewise Ill get the mexicano version.
The last DVDs we bought were the Deadwood season 3 box set.
I love that show. Sux that it was canceled.

I picked up seasons 1-5 of Scrubs on Friday. Damn I love that show. Dr. Perry Cox is the greatest character in the history of the yooniverse.

I need to check out Deadwood too. I only caught a few episodes when it was on, but I enjoyed 'em as far as I remember.

I picked up seasons 1-5 of Scrubs on Friday. Damn I love that show. Dr. Perry Cox is the greatest character in the history of the yooniverse.
Agreed, I watch it on comedy central almost every day.

Sarcasmo said:
I need to check out Deadwood too. I only caught a few episodes when it was on, but I enjoyed 'em as far as I remember.

If you like westerns , youll like this show. Its about as gritty and real as it can be. Altho I dont think they used the term "cocksucker" then as much as they do in the show.