So, itunes 6.

taeric said:
The only catch here is that UMDs are selling surprisingly well.
I think some of that is marketing spin (they count the bundled Spiderman2 as a sale) and some of it is because THERE AREN'T ANY DAMN GAMES TO PLAY SO PEOPLE NEED TO BUY SOMETHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR PURCHASE.

I do really want a breakdown of who is buying these things and where. My bet is its mostly in Asia. I see tons of people on the train with mp3 players, laptops, or a DS/GBA. I have only seen 1 person with a PSP.

theacoustician said:
My question is why the hell Apple thinks a Video iPod is going to take off. No one really cared about the iPod Photo and other PMPs have bombed out.
Japan Japan Japan - the iPod Photo went buck shit fucking wild crazy in Japan, the land of photo sharing and giggling girls. I'm not kidding man, over there looking at each other's photos is more popular than breathing and drinking water

elpmis said:
Japan Japan Japan - the iPod Photo went buck sh*t f*cking wild crazy in Japan, the land of photo sharing and giggling girls. I'm not kidding man, over there looking at each other's photos is more popular than breathing and drinking water

more popular than peeing on each other?

edit: also, as soon as Sony comes out with writeable UMDs, that shit will out sell any competition.

Last edited:
SpangeMonkee said:
more popular than peeing on each other?

edit: also, as soon as Sony comes out with writeable UMDs, that sh*t will out sell any competition.
Just like Minidisc or DCC or Beta or ... wait ...

theacoustician said:
I think some of that is marketing spin (they count the bundled Spiderman2 as a sale) and some of it is because THERE AREN'T ANY DAMN GAMES TO PLAY SO PEOPLE NEED TO BUY SOMETHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR PURCHASE.

I do really want a breakdown of who is buying these things and where. My bet is its mostly in Asia. I see tons of people on the train with mp3 players, laptops, or a DS/GBA. I have only seen 1 person with a PSP.

Well... I know Hil has bought about 10 movies. At least. And I'll contend that if I was still in class or something, i would have bought a crap load of them. Though, now that I have Castlevania for the DS..... yeah, that game is like crack. Only better.

taeric said:
Well... I know Hil has bought about 10 movies. At least. And I'll contend that if I was still in class or something, i would have bought a crap load of them. Though, now that I have Castlevania for the DS..... yeah, that game is like crack. Only better.
Those UMD movies arent cheap. We've actually been pulling them off the shelf (return them to the vendor for a refund) for about a month now.

FlamingGlory said:
Those UMD movies arent cheap. We've actually been pulling them off the shelf (return them to the vendor for a refund) for about a month now.

Where do you work?

And comparing them to minidisc is not quite the same. There is no "standard" for portable games. The movies are just piggy backing on that.

taeric said:
Where do you work?

And comparing them to minidisc is not quite the same. There is no "standard" for portable games. The movies are just piggy backing on that.
Mediaplay, and theac was comparing them. I made two seperate posts. :p

taeric said:
Hil is rich to the point most of us would only wish we were.

As for buying a UMD movie, never unless it was UMD exclusive. Most movies can be had for cheaper on DVD, then transcoded to a Memorystick. At least with the Memorystick, you can erase and reuse it. That's cool. Paying equal or more for a copy of a movie that's 23-30% that of what I could buy on DVD seems criminal. Plus it would seem that more than 2-3 UMDs plus the PSP and you're getting to a mass of stuff that isn't really that portable anymore.

I'm not saying I disagree... I do like the movie playback ability of the PSP, though. I still contend that a rental supply would be ideal. At least, if I had a train commute. Watching at home is still preferable on my TV. :)

Back to the point..... What was it again? I think it was that a portable video player can be good. But not if it is just a music or a movie player. I think the ability to interact really helps the PSP.