so it's been relatively established that i'm a flaming dork...

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
and i'm going to solidify it like, right now.

otakon is in 7 months, and i'm trying to come up with cosplay ideas. i figured i'd throw the idea out to you guys. my only three rules are: 1. has to be from an anime or a video game 2. has to be legit to wear in public (no XXX stuff) and 3. no live steel (no swords, guns, etc that aren't props)

flame on. suggest on too hopefully.

:lol: cosplay? If I were you, I'd edit your post real quick.

Also, what made you decide to get into cosplay? How's that work? What's the attraction? I must know why people do this.

edit: lolololol silly cosplayers...
135_3502.jpg

April23 said:
I wouldn't admit to that.
yeah, well, i've won awards for stuff that i've done, gotten kudos from game developers and such, plus it's a great creative outlet for me to design and make all this stuff. i need an insane excuse to rebuild my sanity

CletusJones said:
:lol: cosplay? If I were you, I'd edit your post real quick.

Also, what made you decide to get into cosplay? How's that work? What's the attraction? I must know why people do this.

You want to do it. Just admit it. You want to dress as one of them pigtailed big boobed cyber chicks from some anime crap

F33nX said:
yeah, well, i've won awards for stuff that i've done, gotten kudos from game developers and such, plus it's a great creative outlet for me to design and make all this stuff. i need an insane excuse to rebuild my sanity

Legos are a good creative outlet. So is painting.

April23 said:
This is a depressing thread.

Its hilariously depressing. The sad thing is that, while we make fun of the thread starter, deep down we all know that we have at least one embarrassing thing that we do thats just as bad.

F33nX said:
people do that to recreate something that they like. i happen to use cloth and other materials to recreate other things that i like.

Instead of recreating, try creating.

smileynev said:
Its hilariously depressing. The sad thing is that, while we make fun of the thread starter, deep down we all know that we have at least one embarrassing thing that we do thats just as bad.

My embarrassing thing I do is leave my boogers on the floor mat in my car.

smileynev said:

plus this thread is entertaining me. i honestly couldn't care less what you think of me cosplaying, i'm more than comfortable in my dorkhood. i'm looking for ideas for this year's convention.

smileynev said:
Instead of recreating, try creating.
i did that last year. came up with a whole new american-basied anime, designed characters and a storyline, made 10 costumes and prop sets for each. too bad the other people who originally promised to devote time and effort fell short on their part.