So in this economy, how are your holdings?

It's art, not just graffiti Duke, and I IMed some guy years ago who did graf in Oregon and he was telling me about the prison sentences you can get, like wtf? I know quite a lot of graffiti artists, they all pretty much paint on walls they're given permission to use because they're very talented people let them do it, but why should you get put in prison for it?

It's art, not just graffiti Duke, and I IMed some guy years ago who did graf in Oregon and he was telling me about the prison sentences you can get, like wtf? I know quite a lot of graffiti artists, they all pretty much paint on walls they're given permission to use because they're very talented people let them do it, but why should you get put in prison for it?

It is defacing property that is not yours. That's why.

It is defacing property that is not yours. That's why.

Property's a lose term anyway, it's not like real grafiti artists go and paint on peoples houses, that's not cool. Painting on community property is a great idea though, I know schools that have huge spaces for people to paint on and I think any council property is fair game. Nothing wrong with brightening the place up, if anything we should be thanking people for making the cities more interesting and attractive.

*cough*vandalism*cough*

Not really. Vandalism implies that you're ruining something.

vandalism: defacement of public or private property without owner's permission :p

Im not saying he sucks I just mean vandalism bad. He can get away with it for being good, doesnt mean you want every idiot with a can of spraypaint tagging.

Property's a lose term anyway, it's not like real grafiti artists go and paint on peoples houses, that's not cool. Painting on community property is a great idea though, I know schools that have huge spaces for people to paint on and I think any council property is fair game. Nothing wrong with brightening the place up, if anything we should be thanking people for making the cities more interesting and attractive.

You have an interesting stance on property rights.

imo, a wall thats been all painted up is ruined. this = vandalism.

thats the problem, it's all subjective to ones opinion on what's interesting and attractive, and what's just stupid.

here in the states though, most graffiti has zero meaning, its someone writing their name or something gay like that. very rarely do you come across a gem from someone with actual talent spray painting something with actual meaning.

thats the problem, it's all subjective to ones opinion on what's interesting and attractive, and what's just stupid.

here in the states though, most graffiti has zero meaning, its someone writing their name or something gay like that. very rarely do you come across a gem from someone with actual talent spray painting something with actual meaning.
the only place you see really high quality graffiti is where it is allowed, or where the risk of being caught despite spending a large amount of time in the same place is low. most places all you see is bullshit tagging.

the low risk of being caught thing is why train cars often have decent work on them. if a car spends a chunk of time in an isolated yard someone can spend some time working on a piece without worrying about getting caught.

This is explained by this:

the only place you see really high quality graffiti is where it is allowed, or where the risk of being caught despite spending a large amount of time in the same place is low. most places all you see is bullshit tagging.

the low risk of being caught thing is why train cars often have decent work on them. if a car spends a chunk of time in an isolated yard someone can spend some time working on a piece without worrying about getting caught.

I'm talking about council owned property, about schools where they've given permission, arts/theatres etc. that have specifically asked people to paint on their walls whenever they like. We have tons of these spaces in my city, when I walk around the city I usually see a bit of graffiti art by someone I know, there's some really good artists in this city. Like I said, what kind of asshole would spray on somebodys actual house etc? Nobody worth looking at, but when it's community owned then it's no harm, and it's especially no harm when there's permission given, because then the work is superb.

Yeah we dont have that except for like public murals.

99% of graffiti here is gang tags or people misspelling curse words.

No, soon as I see "modern" I tend to skip. ;P

I did see the guy who walked into the Irish national gallery and put up his own painting. -.-

picture.php

got about 120 dollars in these.. hoping to get 3 gigs because of my fierce shoe game.

that'll net me like 400 bux.. wooooooot

Very nice, which one is it? I remember when I went to Glastonbury 07 and he'd reinacted the stone circle with toilets and graf I was sooooo confused.

I just brought a John Bergerman (I think that's his name) print I think it's 6/100 and signed, figure it'll be worth something the more famous he gets.

soz, forgot you asked which ones. Took pics of them:

banksy1.jpg

banksy2.jpg