So, I'm working to finish off the basement...

S

smileynev

...in our new house so my wife's daycare can be down there. There will be a bedroom, a 3/4 bath, a large open family room/entryway, and a kitchenette. I'm just finishing the electrical now and we will probably be sheetrocking this weekend.

Can you guys think of anything fun/important I should do before the walls go up and get sealed forever?

Drool-Boy said:
You run cat5 down there?

Going to. I ran cable to the bedroom and family area. I'm gonna run it to at least two boxes in the family area, one box in the bedroom, and one box by the kitchenette.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hide counterfeit bills in the walls

And a fake manuscript entitled: Star Wars: Episode VIII by George Lucas

:lol:

"chewbacca slowly gathered leia's soft, dark hair in his large paw, stroking gently as he tugged at her utility belt. Leia arched her back, rubbing her body against his thick matte of brown fur..."

Drool-Boy said:
Speaker wire?

Probably not gonna do that. The ceiling is remaining open for the time being so that I can have access to the floor above, which is partially unfinished.

Drool-Boy said:
Then stuff the walls full of crumpled newspapers and wooden matches. You know, for "just in case".

I could fill baggies full of gasoline and hide them in the cavities?

BigDov said:
RG5 or RG6 for your cable or satellite tv needs?

RG6 QUAD SHIELDED in the bedroom and a few locations in the main area.

A copy of some old current computer games you don't want, so when our sentient robot overlords tear the walls down in 50 years they will laugh their harsh robotic laugh at what the "organic meatbags" used to amuse themselves with in the days before the Awakening.

Baron Von Awesome said:
A copy of some old current computer games you don't want, so when our sentient robot overlords tear the walls down in 50 years they will laugh their harsh robotic laugh at what the "organic meatbags" used to amuse themselves with in the days before the Awakening.

I could put some Mcdonald's McChicken sandwich wrappers back there.

smileynev said:
:lol:

"chewbacca slowly gathered leia's soft, dark hair in his large paw, stroking gently as he tugged at her utility belt. Leia arched her back, rubbing her body against his thick matte of brown fur..."

I hope Leia can handle a penis that is about as big around as my thigh.