So, I'm working to finish off the basement...

b_sinning said:
I wish I could have a basement but you dig down a few feet at my house and you have water.

Probably good that you don't have one. Our old house had a half basement. We wanted a fourth, underground level but the water table was too high.

ChikkenNoodul said:
A team of dwarven engineers would've done it for ya

I did have a +5 Axe of Drowe Smiting from a recent Dungeon crawl I could have bartered....

smileynev can you really wire up a basement with electricity? I'm getting scared for all the little tots that are going to be running around down there. "Missus Smiweyneff whut is dis black wire?" OOOOWWWWW WARARAGHGHGHGGGHH *smoking eyeballs melting like runny cheese*

Baron Von Awesome said:
smileynev can you really wire up a basement with electricity? I'm getting scared for all the little tots that are going to be running around down there. "Missus Smiweyneff whut is dis black wire?" OOOOWWWWW WARARAGHGHGHGGGHH *smoking eyeballs melting like runny cheese*

Its the red wires you have to worry about. When they sneak those in on you, thats when you get shocked...:(

I feel comfortable enough to have my daughter down there so that should answer your question.

I am neither boastful or arrogant enough to think that I do everything right or that I know the best way to do everything, but when it comes to electrical work I make sure that I do it as safely as possible, no matter the cost or time involved. If I came across something that I didn't feel comfortable doing, I would hire it out.

smileynev said:
Its the red wires you have to worry about. When they sneak those in on you, thats when you get shocked...:(

I feel comfortable enough to have my daughter down there so that should answer your question.

I am neither boastful or arrogant enough to think that I do everything right or that I know the best way to do everything, but when it comes to electrical work I make sure that I do it as safely as possible, no matter the cost or time involved. If I came across something that I didn't feel comfortable doing, I would hire it out.

I did electrical work with my Uncle and his boss for like 4 months, right after my parents move to Florida. It was the most miserable job I've ever had. I shocked myself pretty much every day, broke my nose, tore my hand open with a drill, and almost fell off a ladder 25 feet in the air. Fuck that sucked.

Baron Von Awesome said:
I did electrical work with my Uncle and his boss for like 4 months, right after my parents move to Florida. It was the most miserable job I've ever had. I shocked myself pretty much every day, broke my nose, tore my hand open with a drill, and almost fell off a ladder 25 feet in the air. Fuck that sucked.

Maybe you should have done a job you knew a thing or two about instead. :tard:

Nemo said:
Maybe you should have done a job you knew a thing or two about instead. :tard:

No choice, I was on my own and needed the money. Thankfully the guy closed his business suddenly, or I'm sure I would have cut a limb off at some point.

Baron Von Awesome said:

The only part I have trouble with, besides planning, is drilling with a 7/8's drill bit. Whenever I get through a stud or series of studs I run the risk of losing control and clocking myself.

So far I've only shocked myself once this time. I can't wait to run some 6-3 wire for the range though.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Even with a two-handed drill?

Its a one handed drill, but you can hold it with two hands. It just has too much powah for my wimpy arms.

smileynev said:
The only part I have trouble with, besides planning, is drilling with a 7/8's drill bit. Whenever I get through a stud or series of studs I run the risk of losing control and clocking myself.

So far I've only shocked myself once this time. I can't wait to run some 6-3 wire for the range though.

I fucking hate that drill bit so much. My worst nightmares were of the bit locking up and the drill wrenching around to break my wrist or smash me in the face. That's what I tore my hand up on, and what almost threw me from a ladder. I was using a huge bit to cut circles for outdoor sconces on the exterior of a house.

Baron Von Awesome said:
I fucking hate that drill bit so much. My worst nightmares were of the bit locking up and the drill wrenching around to break my wrist or smash me in the face. That's what I tore my hand up on, and what almost threw me from a ladder. I was using a huge bit to cut circles for outdoor sconces on the exterior of a house.

:D

I have no problem at all with a wimpy little 1/2 inch bit.