So, I'm sugar free for like...the rest of my life.

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
In the last year or so I've discovered that my body doesn't break down processed/refined sugar properly. It makes me antsy, causes terrible insomnia, and gives me RLS (restless leg syndrome). It gets stored as belly fat and can affect my body for multiple days at a time. Since I've sworn off it as much as I possibly can I've noticed a dramatic increase in my sleep and body.

Shitty that I can't enjoy a nice dessert anymore, but I guess it's a necessary sacrifice in the name of health. :eek:

In the last year or so I've discovered that my body doesn't break down processed/refined sugar properly. It makes me antsy, causes terrible insomnia, and gives me RLS (restless leg syndrome). It gets stored as belly fat and can affect my body for multiple days at a time. Since I've sworn off it as much as I possibly can I've noticed a dramatic increase in my sleep and body.

Shitty that I can't enjoy a nice dessert anymore, but I guess it's a necessary sacrifice in the name of health. :eek:

I have a hard time with sugar and processed food as well. My doctor has even yelled at me that my sugar levels should never be that high, like ever, (after blood testing). I still eat sugary stuff! Just not a back of friggin cookies every day. I try to be moderate about the other stuff...

It sucks, but there are substitutes that can be just as satisfying. And I don't mean te nasty, poison stuff like artificial sweeteners. Use natural, organic/raw sugar, for one. You just have to look around and again - moderation.

Did you see a doctor about this? Was a blood test or something else done to determine this? Curious..

I haven't.

What about things like Splenda or that? Is it sucrose you have issues with? W

I haven't tried them, and don't have any interest in doing so.

Diabetes is serious business. Especially once you're 40 and looking for health insurance.

I don't have any other diabetes related symptoms.

the symptoms my brother had where he was constantly tired, and he drank an obscene amount of liquid. water, pop, etc...

None of those problems. I read into diabetes (assuming that's what it was) when I first started noticing the issue with sugar.