So I'm Planning the Corporate Christmas Party

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
I need some help on ideas. My budget is around 10k and it needs to be semi-casual... sorta fancy.

So far the contract is signed to rent out a pavillion and a dinner room here...

Don Cesar, St. Pete Beach, Florida
main_photo_stpetebeach.jpg

What all has been decided:
Drinks: Open bar, premium alcohol: located in the menu below
Little Add-on: Chocolate Fountain: http://www.chocolatesbymichelle.com/
Invites: 58 total people (that's with spouses, S.O's., etc) It's a small company... but we have three locations!!!
Invitation: Will be through email

What I need help with:
Menu: I can't decide on buffet style or plated food, or what is going to be served. Here is a link to the menu, it's massive! http://www.theupload.com/view.php?id=00002572 I'm told to make it one chicken, one beef, one seafood, and one veggie (thanks fly!) but, need to mix and match a menu together with four courses.
A theme: I've halfway decided on doing a black and white party and have some black and white photography and etc. Unless there is a better idea out there. :)
Music: Either a DJ... or :sigh: a karaoke DJ. I opened my big mouth and told my boss I used to be a karaoke DJ back in Houston.
Etc: Any little fun add-on's would be awesome!

Now that I've thrown my job onto you... help?

Do buffet, then people can eat what they want. Make sure you pick enough variance in the food to account for common allergies (like some people can't eat shellfish) and popular lifestyle choices (vegetarians). Don't do the karaoke DJ. Most people go to company parties out of obligation, not for fun. You have to make them not regret that decision to go. I don't see how karaoke would do that.

theacoustician said:
Do buffet, then people can eat what they want. Make sure you pick enough variance in the food to account for common allergies (like some people can't eat shellfish) and popular lifestyle choices (vegetarians). Don't do the karaoke DJ. Most people go to company parties out of obligation, not for fun. You have to make them not regret that decision to go. I don't see how karaoke would do that.

It's not a typical company at all. These people work hard, and party even harder. The more crazy party antics, the better.

I say:

Black and White is an awesome theme - easy to dress for anyways!

Buffett (variety is good; plated dinners always come out cold too)

Regular Top 40's DJ. I know one actually (no, not Shawn) but one who does pop music for events and if he can't do it he knows someone who can. He would be somewhere in the range of about $600 for the night which is what you will probably spend on a good DJ anyway around that time of year.

April23 said:
It's not a typical company at all. These people work hard, and party even harder. The more crazy party antics, the better.
Don't let it get too crazy. You don't want to be responsible for setting up a situation that would carry over to day to day business.

Definitely a buffet like theac said, I've been to a number of fancy buffets that were exponentially better than a fixed dinner in a banquet setting.

Just a regular DJ will do, people get crazy enough just dancing with the alcohol present. I went to one at a rather prestigious Boston location, where a friend of ours snuck off with her date into a quiet corner of the place....:fly:

If people generally get along really well, "fun" humorous awards are good, like the cheesy high school type 'best dressed' things.

I'm trying to remember other things I've seen done that I liked.....

theacoustician said:
Don't let it get too crazy. You don't want to be responsible for setting up a situation that would carry over to day to day business.
Those people are weird dude. They like all that stuff.

Candy said:
I say:

Black and White is an awesome theme - easy to dress for anyways!

Buffett (variety is good; plated dinners always come out cold too)

Regular Top 40's DJ. I know one actually (no, not Shawn) but one who does pop music for events and if he can't do it he knows someone who can. He would be somewhere in the range of about $600 for the night which is what you will probably spend on a good DJ anyway around that time of year.

Oh gosh, I'll keep that in mind. Good idea!!! :heart:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Definitely a buffet like theac said, I've been to a number of fancy buffets that were exponentially better than a fixed dinner in a banquet setting.

Just a regular DJ will do, people get crazy enough just dancing with the alcohol present. I went to one at a rather prestigious Boston location, where a friend of ours snuck off with her date into a quiet corner of the place....:fly:

If people generally get along really well, "fun" humorous awards are good, like the cheesy high school type 'best dressed' things.

I'm trying to remember other things I've seen done that I liked.....

Ooh! Writing that down. :heart: Awards are a good idea.

April23 said:
The liquor ice block thing... explain?

(I never went to a real college, I don't know all this party stuff.)

prolly a bit much for a work party but you get a huge block of ice..chizzle out some channel(s) for the shot to go down and get chilled on the way... use profusely

Ice Luge.JPG