Ontopic So I'm mining bich coin now.

@oz the buzz around iota has been extremely skeptical since it went mainstream and rightfully so. I bought it the day they announced their microsoft partnership (which I found quite funny that microsoft never announced, only iota did) because I knew there would be a quick spike for a couple days, doubled my funds and sold more or less on top, and then it settled right back down to about half of what it was. since then, it's kept taking hits as the founder has now admitted that the partnership wasn't real (https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/iot...der-admits-microsoft-not-partner-participant/) ......fly's link was legit. there are big flaws.

aside that quick buy/sell that was very easy to anticipate and pretty safe since it was a 2-day investment, I nor anyone I know is planning on touching the stuff. you're better off going to monero or ripple if you want a smaller altcoin that isn't quite at ETH prices.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and APRIL
@oz the buzz around iota has been extremely skeptical since it went mainstream and rightfully so. I bought it the day they announced their microsoft partnership (which I found quite funny that microsoft never announced, only iota did) because I knew there would be a quick spike for a couple days, doubled my funds and sold more or less on top, and then it settled right back down to about half of what it was. since then, it's kept taking hits as the founder has now admitted that the partnership wasn't real (https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/iot...der-admits-microsoft-not-partner-participant/) ......fly's link was legit. there are big flaws.

aside that quick buy/sell that was very easy to anticipate and pretty safe since it was a 2-day investment, I nor anyone I know is planning on touching the stuff. you're better off going to monero or ripple if you want a smaller altcoin that isn't quite at ETH prices.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not looking to buy and sell like you are. I'm looking for something to hold for 5 to 10 years or more.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas

Thank you.

Although I would stay away from Ripple myself. Crypto hates Ripple. (Yes, I've seen it's recent run.)

• Gravy
Thank you.

Although I would stay away from Ripple myself. Crypto hates Ripple. (Yes, I've seen it's recent run.)

fair, I know a friend of mine said he sold years ago and there was definitely a reason he did so but he can't remember it. I don't own any myself and haven't any real plans to, but I do have a few friends who put a hundred into it just in case we see another good run like april/may. there's big potential for those runs here and there, it's a lottery, but as a real investment I haven't seen good reviews. liquidity problems as well.

I did own some XRP for like a couple of days. Did the same thing as you did for IOTA. No desire to hold it long term tho.

Monero and BTC are the only things I've got stored offline in hardware/paper wallets.

• Gravy
So I did a quick calculation today and across all my coins, I'm up about 800% since I started trading this year. Doesn't mean anything until you cash out, and it could all vaporize, but still pretty sweet.

Im rootin for ya, brother.
Of course cryptrocurrency is going to extinguish mankind in a few short years but Im definitely rootin for you

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I now have something called Bitcoin Cash in addition to Bitcoin.

Coinbase magically created it or something.

Tou get it too @fly ?
I didn't get any from Coinbase because they initially weren't going to support the BCC fork. But otherwise, yes I received it (elsewhere). Assuming they ever support Bitcoin Gold, you'll receive that as well.