Ontopic So I'm mining bich coin now.

I may have a jaundiced view, having worked around BBC's iPlayer's geofencing, but I would have probably gone to a VPN first, rather than ask @fly (who thinks windows is a good OS for a server, ffs).

I stand by my self-categorization as a useless idiot, though.
There are plenty of cases in the real world where Windows is a server OS. That said, I now run linux you condescending prick.

a grandma furniture enthusiast with more compute than your employer whose been in infosec since before it was called infosec
Technically, don't we both work for the same organization?

I'll believe the compute power claim when you're on the TOP500, and not before.

Last edited:
Oh, so you also asked a bunch of shitty bass players, a guy who writes software for fish trackers, a grandma furniture enthusiast, and a huge fan of 1990s software, in addition to @fly?

:p
At least one shitty bass player got a computer sci. degree ages ago. Another vote for : dick. I don't go where the spergers is over my head.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
In fairness, when you got that degree computers were all the size of gymnasiums.
But in more relevant fairness, I have about 5.5 years more Zenforo experience then you and would probably heel stomp you certain types of work, sonny. I'm decent with a Linux box. I rock the PHP. I get weekly job offers in the computer field.

You do you, but that thing seems even more of a joke than DOGE. Unless you're trying to day trade crypto, in which case, you're a fucking idiot. :p
So, what better suggestions do you have, my friend? I've got a lot of spare change and trying to add to it.

But in more relevant fairness, I have about 5.5 years more Zenforo experience then you and would probably heel stomp you certain types of work, sonny. I'm decent with a Linux box. I rock the PHP. I get weekly job offers in the computer field.
I don't count anyone as "decent" with linux until they've compiled their own kernel.

I can count the number of folks here who have done that on one hand, and they don't include the ones who complain that their wireless card (that's in current stable along with the current nonfree fw packages) isn't supported by "linux".

:p

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
There are plenty of cases in the real world where Windows is a server OS. That said, I now run linux you condescending prick.
I have yet to see anything but Win onsite in the cases I've worked. Maybe that's the problem? "Keep running Win you idiots! I'm making over $2k a week in just 3-4 days work! Thanks, dumbasses!"

So, what better suggestions do you have, my friend? I've got a lot of spare change and trying to add to it.
If you really want to gamble on crypto, because that is what you're doing, spend $1k on 30 different coins. Most of them will eventually go to zero, but you'll also have some winners in there.

I probably have at least ten already in my bag that went to zero. Seriously, think about that.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain