So I'm getting a new computer

itburnswhenipee said:
No way I'd buy from dell... or any other major manufacturer. Like I said, I custom ordered one from a small vendor. http://cyberpowerpc.com

Gay name, but their selection is good enough for me, as are their prices.

Only reason I bought from them was because I get a deeply discounted rate as a state employee. I was still so pissed off I built my own PC less than a year later and gave the dell to the inlaws :pandora: :lol:

itburnswhenipee said:
No way I'd buy from dell... or any other major manufacturer. Like I said, I custom ordered one from a small vendor. http://cyberpowerpc.com

Gay name, but their selection is good enough for me, as are their prices.

I hate you so much right now...

Turns out the PC that I have wanted to build can be mine for right around 1k... You ever sit there and wonder how long you can live off of Ramen Noodles and Peanut Butter (separately or combined)?

reverendsaintjay said:
I hate you so much right now...

Turns out the PC that I have wanted to build can be mine for right around 1k... You ever sit there and wonder how long you can live off of Ramen Noodles and Peanut Butter (separately or combined)?

No, but I have throught about all the fine things mobile home living has to offer.

Drool-Boy said:
So what games do you plan to enjoy on this beastly machine, Mr Pee?

Well, it should do a fair job of running oblivion, so I'll probably be doing that. It should also be able to run Gun like a champ, so I'll be having a go at playing that through. Mainly I'm hoping it handles the next three years as well as my current rig has handled the last three.

Last edited:
itburnswhenipee said:
Well, it should do a fair job of running oblivion, so I'll probably be doing that. It should also be able to run Gun like a champ, so I'll be having a go at playing that through. Mainly I'm hoping it handles the next three years as well as my current rig has handled the last three.

I played Gun on the old xbox, and it was a blast, but the save system was wonky and pissed me off. Hopefully its better on the PC version.

Drool-Boy said:
I played Gun on the old xbox, and it was a blast, but the save system was wonky and pissed me off. Hopefully its better on the PC version.

I hope so. It's been forever shince I've played a western themed shooter. I played the shit out of Outlaws like 10 years ago. It came out just as 3d cards were becoming more common. You could download an update that would run it using whatever the hell standard the voodoo cards used. Can't think of the name now.

itburnswhenipee said:
I hope so. It's been forever shince I've played a western themed shooter. I played the shit out of Outlaws like 10 years ago. It came out just as 3d cards were becoming more common. You could download an update that would run it using whatever the hell standard the voodoo cards used. Can't think of the name now.

they(voodoo cards) used direct3d and open gl

itburnswhenipee said:
No, but I have throught about all the fine things mobile home living has to offer.

You cold, insensitive bastard.

At any rate, turns out that I'm eligible for both Government (tax return) and Parental (buying my old rig) subsidies. Looks like I'll be ordering my new baby in a month or so.

Should I blog about it? :D