So I went wardriving yesterday...

S

smileynev

...well, not exactly. I was driving home and called the wife to see what she was making for dinner. She replied that she wanted me to pick something up, specifically a French Dip from Perkins. I asked if she could call ahead, but she said she did not have the number and I had the laptop. So, in my infinite wisdom I decided to open it up in the passenger seat and see if I could catch me a wireless signal down the highway. After driving by a few without having a chance to stop, I finally pulled into some townhomes and got online to give them a call. The woman I talked to put me on a hold and hungup before I could place my order.

So, anybody ever do something stupid while driving?

everyone has done stupid things while driving.

One time we tossed a handful of custard filled powdered sugar covered munchkins out the sunroof of my last vehicle. It was comedy gold, they were all over the other cars on the highway. We quickly exited.

edit: we were 16 at the time, we were :tard:s

CletusJones said:
everyone has done stupid things while driving.

One time we tossed a handful of custard filled powdered sugar covered munchkins out the sunroof of my last vehicle. It was comedy gold, they were all over the other cars on the highway. We quickly exited.

edit: we were 16 at the time, we were :tard:s
"Were" ?

Yeah, drive down country roads and throw beer or soda bottles (whichever we had handy) out the windows at signs and watch them shatter.

Chasing friends down I-20 coming back from paintballing in my 88 chevy 1500 whose max speedometer reading is 90. It uses the crescent style method.

The end of it was at 20mph at the peak.

It's a 3/4 crescent.

Only stupid thing I've ever done was smoke, eat, read a map, all while driving a manual in city traffic.

FlamingGlory said:
Only stupid thing I've ever done was smoke, eat, read a map, all while driving a manual in city traffic.
I used to do stuff like that all the time when I had a car with a manual trans. If you added in talking on a cell phone and adjusting the radio, we'd have a very similar list.

fly said:
And driving 90 doesnt?

it's not like I swerve through traffic going 90...it's on open straights

edit:6 lanes wide in parts...each side.... with light to fair traffic