so i went to london and met the internet

Yea, that would be a fun one. I'm going to pick up the 18-55 by the end of the year also, but that will be it until I get a new camera (I have Nikon now, but will be getting the Canon 40d, so I'll need all new lenses). When I get a new camera I'll be getting the 24-70 2.8 immediately to go with it. Then of course I'll eventually need a 70-200 and would love a 12-24 for the opposite end.

Curious: Why are you making the switch to Canon?

I have the 18-55 VR and 18-200 VR, but a wide angle would be heaven to me.

I've heard awesome things about the 70-200 or was it the 300? I can't remember between brands. lol

finally, a spot of nice weather in belfast

22082008355.jpg

Curious: Why are you making the switch to Canon?

I have the 18-55 VR and 18-200 VR, but a wide angle would be heaven to me.

I've heard awesome things about the 70-200 or was it the 300? I can't remember between brands. lol

Because the 5D makes me all wet in my pants and no Nikon camera for less than 4 grand can do that (ok, the ones over that don't really, the Mark III is just :drool:), also have you read the reviews on the 40d, and it just dropped below 1k.

I'm just happier with the features the Canon cameras are offering right now, they are more suited to my uses.

aren't you in Alaska? How's the flight?

Twas a nightmare. 18 hours of travel time with 1 hour layovers.

Fairbanks to MSP, to amsterdam, to Frankfurt, to Koln.

the way back was better. Took advantage of a new Northwest flight... london to seattle, to fairbanks. Much better. Oceanic flights were the best by far due to personal video on demand (and video games you can play against other passengers) and dual aisles.

Was totally worth it though (going to europe). Hit germany, paris, scotland, ireland and england.

And I got like 15,000 airline miles! :D

I liked london because the subway system was cheap and way cleaner than paris. I don't think I smelled urine once! And as a bonus, no french people. Was only there two days though....

Twas a nightmare. 18 hours of travel time with 1 hour layovers.

Fairbanks to MSP, to amsterdam, to Frankfurt, to Koln.

the way back was better. Took advantage of a new Northwest flight... london to seattle, to fairbanks. Much better. Oceanic flights were the best by far due to personal video on demand (and video games you can play against other passengers) and dual aisles.

Was totally worth it though (going to europe). Hit germany, paris, scotland, ireland and england.

And I got like 15,000 airline miles! :D

I liked london because the subway system was cheap and way cleaner than paris. I don't think I smelled urine once! And as a bonus, no french people. Was only there two days though....

In my mind, it seems like it would be quicker for you to go the other way around the world, but maybe the flights over Russia aren't as good. And they let you play video games with other passengers???