So, I went to a whiskey tasting last night...

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥3,602
It was sweet.

Bushmills put it on, they rented out a bar downtown (Chicago) and at 6pm we all took our seats. The master distiller from Ireland was there and he went over how they make the different types of whiskeys and everything. As he was explaining each one, we got to taste it. :drool:

We tasted the regular Bushmills, Black Bush, Bushmills 10 year single malt, Bushmills 16 year single malt, Bushmills 21 year single malt, and the new Bushmills Irish Cream. The 21 year was to die for, it was without question some of the best whiskey I've ever had, and the irish cream blew bailey's out of the water. After the hour we sat and listened to him, it was open bar for the next two hours and it was anything you could think of mixed with Bushmills, or just straight up or on the rocks. They even had little hottie waitresses walking around with some delicious snacks. There were crab cakes and steak sandwiches too. :drool:

Just when we didn't think it could get any better, we were all given gift bags for coming out. Inside the bag? A pint of Bushmills, a little bottle of the irish cream, a sweet-ass t-shirt, and a really nice looking keychain.

Great way to spend a Thursday night, huh? Sorry, no pics, I didn't get home until about 1am this morning and I'm now at work and very tired. If you guys want pics, I'll take some when I get home.

Cliffs:
1. went to Bushmills tasting
2. met master distiller
3. open bar
4. yummy appetizers
5. get goodie bag
6. ...
7. :drool:

ChikkenNoodul said:
That sounds like a damn fine evening.

If you thought the Bushmills 21 was good, give Highland Park 25 a try :D

you guys are going to make me wet my pants

again

where's tre at this fine morning? he can brag about his wife purchasing him a bottle of macallan, cask strength.

BET THAT SCOTCH TASTES DELIGHTFUL WITH THOSE WISDOM TEETH MISSING.

no, i am not jealous. not at all.

ChikkenNoodul said:
That sounds like a damn fine evening.

If you thought the Bushmills 21 was good, give Highland Park 25 a try :D
It was a fantastic evening. The weather was crappy and it took forever to get down there but I'm really glad I made it. Somehow, I managed to get the "rockstar" parking spot about 3 buildings down too, which NEVER happens to me. I usually always have to walk like 10 blocks. It's especially rare, parking around Wrigley Field is insane. (the bar was across the street from the field)

I like a good whiskey but I've never really gotten "into" them. Do you think my local liquor store would have Highland Park 25? I've never seen it before. Would it be something you add a little bit of water to? He had us put some water into the 21 and it smoothed it out a whole bunch and really brought out the flavors.

CletusJones said:
I like a good whiskey but I've never really gotten "into" them. Do you think my local liquor store would have Highland Park 25? I've never seen it before. Would it be something you add a little bit of water to? He had us put some water into the 21 and it smoothed it out a whole bunch and really brought out the flavors.

I'm going to go with NONONONONO on the liquor store question. And if you add water to the Highland Park, I will drive to IL and personally kick you in the nuts.

hey, i cant remember if i told you or not so i might as well do it now. yer balls are in the mail, looking at monday or tuesday.

thrawn said:
I'm going to go with NONONONONO on the liquor store question. And if you add water to the Highland Park, I will drive to IL and personally kick you in the nuts.
Okay, I was just curious. Jeez. Personally, I prefer my whiskey neat so it's not really an issue anyway. Any suggestions on where to find it?

:eek: you actually have my address, this could be interesting.

thanks for mailing me the balls

Yumm !! I went to one here .. we got really badly trashed as half the people didnt turn up so we had double the samples to get through.

CletusJones said:
It was a fantastic evening. The weather was crappy and it took forever to get down there but I'm really glad I made it. Somehow, I managed to get the "rockstar" parking spot about 3 buildings down too, which NEVER happens to me. I usually always have to walk like 10 blocks. It's especially rare, parking around Wrigley Field is insane. (the bar was across the street from the field)

They probably won't, they may have the 12yo if it's a decent place. You'd have to find one with a pretty decent scotch selection to find any 25yo other than the seemingly ubiquitous Macallan 25 (which was the darling of Wall Street not too long ago thanks to it's ~$200 a bottle price tag, soo not worth it IMO).

Though it shouldn't be TOO hard to find, I think I've seen it at no less than 6 places around here.

My personal philosophy is that the only thing that should be added to scotch, is more scotch.

ChikkenNoodul said:
They probably won't, they may have the 12yo if it's a decent place. You'd have to find one with a pretty decent scotch selection to find any 25yo other than the seemingly ubiquitous Macallan 25 (which was the darling of Wall Street not too long ago thanks to it's ~$200 a bottle price tag, soo not worth it IMO).

Though it shouldn't be TOO hard to find, I think I've seen it at no less than 6 places around here.

My personal philosophy is that the only thing that should be added to scotch, is more scotch.
There's a pretty upscale liquor store by my work, that's where I got my bottle of Pierre Ferrand 40 yr. I'd be willing to bet that they would have it and as today's payday, I'll just have to check it out. :D