So, I watched Dawn of the Dead this weekend...

S

smileynev

...and I have a question. Are zombies afraid of the water? How would they cross a lake or ocean if they wanted to? Would they sink and walk across the lakebed? Or would they fall into the water and thrash about aimlessly?

Some would float and would have a hard time getting anywhere becuase they have poor coordination. Some would stumble across the bottom of the ocean but have problems traversing mud, trenches, etc. I have no fear of a water zombie just the damn land ones.

b_sinning said:
Some would float and would have a hard time getting anywhere becuase they have poor coordination. Some would stumble across the bottom of the ocean but have problems traversing mud, trenches, etc. I have no fear of a water zombie just the damn land ones.

How would they make themselves sink to the bottom?

Drool-Boy said:
They put stones in their pockets, duh

:D

Flying out to a deserted island in the middle of an ocean seems like the best way to go in most of these movies, but I've always wondered if the zombies would find them.

Nemo said:
Well they don't need oxygen, rite? (assumption) and so their organs would be empty, meaning they wouldn't float so if they put up minimal resistance then they'd sink to the bottom. :)

yeah but in most of those movies, the zombies are all rotten and stuff, so I don't know how well that theory works. Pieces of 'em would be fish food and there probably wouldn't be a whole lot left by the time they get to the bottom.

BigDov said:
yeah but in most of those movies, the zombies are all rotten and stuff, so I don't know how well that theory works. Pieces of 'em would be fish food and there probably wouldn't be a whole lot left by the time they get to the bottom.

Well all their muscles would be dead, so in theory there would have to be some evil gross chemical in their body to keep them going without having to aerobically respire, so the fish wouldn't wanna eat em. ;)

Nemo said:
Well all their muscles would be dead, so in theory there would have to be some evil gross chemical in their body to keep them going without having to aerobically respire, so the fish wouldn't wanna eat em. ;)

zombie fish...

smileynev said:
How would they make themselves sink to the bottom?

Bodies don't float forever. The gas bloat passes and then they sink. Plus the gases can escpae through the holes they get. So they could walk/moon bounce along the bottom somewhat but they would be slow.

b_sinning said:
Bodies don't float forever. The gas bloat passes and then they sink. Plus the gases can escpae through the holes they get. So they could walk/moon bounce along the bottom somewhat but they would be slow.

The running zombies could probably do it. But would the shambling zombies have the strength and forward power to go through water?