So I was reading facebook and I saw a bunch of comments from you guys

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥20,400
April, Damon (I forget your forum name), Julie

I am super glad people don't forget me. Just gonna try to lay out the major issues quick. I tend to drop recreational things when I'm dealing with problems. A lot of you have my facebook, which includes my HOME phone, address, skype etc.

I disappeared because of severely mounting problems. Which got worse, and are not improving.

My car was involved in TWO car accidents in one week. First one my brother was driving, avoided a deer, slid off the road, hit a tree the ONLY fire hydrant within 10 miles (and then got sent to NYC the same day for Hurricane Sandy relief). Then my heat died, and while trying to get to the place for the part to fix it I hit a car with broken tail lights (dark, it was snowing out, they had no running lights, country road).

My insurance company totally hung me out to dry. Put up a huge fight on sending a appraiser dude for the first accident, absolutely refused to cover the second one because a full month after it happened they determined it was totaled out by the first accident. Told me to cover storage fees out of pocket and they would reimburse me when I brought receipts to agent, never paid them out. Refused to stop billing me until 5 months later for the already totaled car. Lost all my IDs, legal documents etc. Kept them in car because I was being asked to show them to a lot of people, all the time.

My younger brother whom I placed a great deal of trust, and money $$ in (I paid for a downpayment on a truck for him) has problems (found out this week). My youngest brother has some sort of disorder, he was apparently in the process being diagnosed when my parents died (only found out recently), I didn't know about it. I am being vague on purpose, Ill tell you on facebook but not here.

Parents estate is STILL not settled. Need a real estate lawyer, dont have transportation, furlough turning into layoff.

So yeah, isn't THAT fun. Ill stick around for a bit but I havent slept much in the past week so I have to try and lay down during the day today.

Good job whoever bought that title, I havent posted in over a year :p

Last edited:
Yeah it blows. I am honestly on my last legs.

Is eileen still around? Name change maybe?

Yeah, there is some message thing that pops up, have a ton of them. Nice to know Im associated with being a smartass.

<3 Yay, I'm glad you're back. Sucks that you are going through some hard times and I'm sure you have the strength to get through them.

If you need advice, lots of people give it unwarranted around here... no guarantee its the right advice. :fly:

<3 Yay, I'm glad you're back. Sucks that you are going through some hard times and I'm sure you have the strength to get through them.

If you need advice, lots of people give it unwarranted around here... no guarantee its the right advice. :fly:
-.- You do realize you are always perky right? It's like... crazy.

Yay, time for domon to chime in with some unsolicited, incorrect advice.

1) Car accident: This is major pain in the ass, and the insurance company sucks for doing it, but ultimately with the car being totaled, you're getting a payout for its complete value, right? So it doesnt matter if its wrecked once or twice, if you can get a new car. Hopefully injuries from the wrecks were minimal, and everyone is ok, but as far as the car goes: take the insurance money, and either fix up your car, keep the money if your car is driveable, or get a new car.

All this assumes you had appropriate coverage.

2) Your younger brothers financial dishonesty is disconcerting, and makes you feel bad. Far easier said than done, but take it as a loss, stop worrying about getting your money back, and dont lend to him again. Even with family, the rule always applies "dont lend money to anyone without expecting you'll never get it back and being ok with that". As for his problems and why he did what he did? Try to help him, to the degree that he'll help himself, as a completely separate issue from the debt.

3) Inheritance estates are an awful stressful thing that as you well know, take years to resolve. This one sucks, no getting around it.

4) Younger brothers illness (whether mental or physical), depends if he's of legal age or not, but make sure he's got the medical help he needs. Theres state systems in place that can help.

Ultimately, you have some problems in your life, and with your parents gone, it feels like the weight of the world has dropped on your shoulders. But consider 1 and 2 resolved and done with. Your parents estate is just a matter of time and the lawyer. Your youngest brothers health is the only issue that seems unresolved.

Aka, let your mind rest a bit, stuff will be ok, its bad, but its not insurmountable.

Hmmm, I'm sorry that you are going thru this stuff & the resulting extreme stress that it has on you....but...

A lot of us on this very forum go through some really crappy stuff, too. We don't always hang around & maybe for the same reasons, (avoiding socializing), but man, if we laid our problems here, just like you did we would have one big "one-upping problem party".

I can only assume that you've never had a lot of problems at once like this?? When you lay them out like that, they are incidents, thus phases of your life. They too, will pass.

Chin up!

I lost my train of thought and have a cat to forcefully bathe. I will be back. Probably not.

cats do not need bathing. Leave cat alone.

edit: nevermind, i remember you said he had bugs of some sort. He needs bathing.