So I was reading facebook and I saw a bunch of comments from you guys

he said it was some dudes house, not police impound.
Yeah, Im actually calling my uncle to see if there's anything I can do about this now.

It was totally just some guys house, he had a couple wrecks in his backyard and a tow truck parked out front.

Yeah, Im actually calling my uncle to see if there's anything I can do about this now.

It was totally just some guys house, he had a couple wrecks in his backyard and a tow truck parked out front.

He's probably related to the officer that had you towed.

Police impound is different. They can pretty much do whatever they want with your car/belongings.

Last time I was in a police impound it required a personal visit with photo ID to 3 places before I could get the vehicle released. Then I had to wait at the impound lot for 5 hours for the guy to show up and spend 20 seconds accepting said paperwork authorizing release of the vehicle.

You should know how bureaucracy works...

Getting busted for your grow op and having your possessions seized is different from having your car towed after an accident.

I really hope there is something that can be done. :(

Getting busted for your grow op and having your possessions seized is different from having your car towed after an accident.
That happened to me after being in a run of the mill collision. I keep telling you I don't have a grow op. If I did, it certainly wouldn't be mobile.

So you should have been charged $17/day for most of the month, but were actually charged $400/day? Your total bill should have been around $500. I have no idea what's going on here.

<-- Damon, by the way. Glad to see you're still alive. Next time stick to driving on the roads you built.

So you should have been charged $17/day for most of the month, but were actually charged $400/day? Your total bill should have been around $500. I have no idea what's going on here.

<-- Damon, by the way. Glad to see you're still alive. Next time stick to driving on the roads you built.

400 dollars a month, not a day.

The thing that killed me with the car is that I had to use the totaled out money directly to pay off storage fees. It was $400 per day for almost solid month. I ended up owing money more than the total value of the car post fees. I thought the Agent that you sign up with had a bit of independent decision making skills with stuff but turns out most of them have zero autonomy, once you go into the claims process it's handled by the main company which are hugely non responsive and just bleh.

Brother thing, it's not mostly about the money, it's mostly I don't know what to do. Im trying to get other family members working on it.

Estates, heh, I did get a lawyer, paid a cash retainer. Did the stuff for the basic intestate administration but there is a party that absolutely refuses to cooperate. Now I need a different lawyer (for real estate) and if you aren't connected it's hard to find someone.

I don't know, but $12,000 a month to store a car in some dude's backyard defies belief.
It was $11k something in the end. I was afraid of them coming after me in court because I had no transportation and consequently no way to get to work or anywhere =/

Legal confrontation should probably be sought here regarding violation of consumer protection, unfair or deceptive trade practices, and other aspects of consumer transactions. I know that's easier said than done in your current position, but they need to justify some things to you. I have never heard of anyone charging $11,000 to park a car on some grass for one calendar month. Possibly for several years, I don't know. But this is excessive and it sounds predatory. I would do some research with the FTC, the NY state Division of Consumer Protection, and maybe consult a lawyer with a few basic questions. What's the nearest big city to you?

Last edited:
the right lawyer might take that on on without retainer, seeing that he can go after the business, and the town for a significant amount of damages, which he would get a percentage of. This isnt a case of single wrongdoing, but rather continuing systematic abuse of the areas Sarcasmo managed above.