So I Quit My Job...

lucky. i get paid on tuesdays biweekly. no three paycheck month for me. next one is in january (which will help me recover from the holidays)

Yeah, same with me.... well not anymore. :(

For the past 30 years we've only paid our employees once a month. After 8 years of arguing, I finally convinced the top guys to allow me to do a biweekly payroll.

I mean it's only the freakin law

For the past 30 years we've only paid our employees once a month. After 8 years of arguing, I finally convinced the top guys to allow me to do a biweekly payroll.

Payroll is expensive, its cheaper to do it once a month. :p

Payroll is expensive, its cheaper to do it once a month. :p

We've had 2 payrolls every month which is how we got by the tax issues. Doctors paid on the 15th employees paid on the 30th. I'm only adding one payroll a year but it's going to aid our overall cashflow significantly.

it's the law? i had no idea. that seems like an odd law.

it's the law? i had no idea. that seems like an odd law.

labor laws... they vary by state, but in Illinois

820 ILCS 115/3) (from Ch. 48, par. 39m‑3)
Sec. 3. Every employer shall be required, at least semi‑monthly, to pay every employee all wages earned during the semi‑monthly pay period. Wages of executive, administrative and professional employees, as defined in the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act of 1939, may be paid once a month. Commissions may be paid once a month.

Our office staff isn't considered administrative and/or professional.