So I made a thread about turning 16

Enemy said:
What's up with crystals? They're great. I was having a panic attack on Saturday and I grabbed a few Lapis' and it calmed me down greatly. They're beautiful.

Lammmmmmmmme-o.

It's psychosomatic. Crystals, rocks, goats....none of them emit any sort of strange karmic or electric fields that soothe the neurons in your brain, and it would defy science and reality if they did.

Though goats are pretty cute and have been known to be kidnapped by aliens for partnership studies.

Lame-o said:
It's psychosomatic. Crystals, rocks, goats....none of them emit any sort of strange karmic or electric fields that soothe the neurons in your brain, and it would defy science and reality if they did.

Though goats are pretty cute and have been known to be kidnapped by aliens for partnership studies.

It's not psychosomatic at all silly. Science can't explain everything, I think there's energy in lots of things and in all people, and there's lots of good energy in some crystals too. Energy's gotta go somewhere when we die. :)

Enemy said:
It's not psychosomatic at all silly. Science can't explain everything, I think there's energy in lots of things and in all people, and there's lots of good energy in some crystals too. Energy's gotta go somewhere when we die. :)

It is what you make of it. For some it would do nothing. For those that are open to it and believe it, it can do something. Therefore it pretty much is psychosomatic. I guess along the same lines all physical manifestations of spiritual belief would be psychosomatic??

Pandora said:
It is what you make of it. For some it would do nothing. For those that are open to it and believe it, it can do something. Therefore it pretty much is psychosomatic. I guess along the same lines all physical manifestations of spiritual belief would be psychosomatic??

I physically manifested the other night while dreaming about you.

Pandora said:

Psychosomatic makes it sound bad. I'd say if you were open minded enough to believe in the energy within them then you can benefit from it. If you are too closed minded to not believe then you can suffer on your own. :p

Enemy said:
Psychosomatic makes it sound bad. I'd say if you were open minded enough to believe in the energy within them then you can benefit from it. If you are too closed minded to not believe then you can suffer on your own. :p

I don't think there's anything bad about it, unless you're doing something negative with them to your body. I love crystals for their astetic beauty. Because I associate them with positive feelings I think they have a positive effect on me, but only because of the value I give them. Other spiritual symbols and objects might not have an effect on me because I feel indifferent about them. But to someone else it holds great value and power. Therefore it's not the object that has power, it's you who gives it value and power. It's all psycosomatic.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Haha, I always do that when I'm in charge of shredding the cheese. I think half of a block of parm goes straight into my gullet every time

Mmmm cheese I love me some smegma.