So I made a thread about it

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,849
So yeah, I'm finally crawling back to a point in my life where I could use a little insanity, and where better than the beloved UF? I am a little less/more tweaked than a few years ago, and this has pretty much what's been going on:

1. Worked in my lab doing things to rats and mice and cells for 3 years. Got published 3 times, with two more papers under review right now
2. Finally broke up with PogoSuzy after exhausting his hunting land and realizing he is not marriage material. That was ugh-ly.
3. Entered the PhD program at Virginia Tech, in Microbiology- class starts Monday...
4. ...which is great because I'm rockin' a concussion and a sprained neck right now. That's what I get for swerving around a truck on my bike going 20mph leaving campus yesterday.

What has everyone else been up to? <3

So let me get this straight... you're single and well on your way to being a suger mama?

wanna get togethor sometime? :hi2u:

also congrats on the lab stuff, sorry about the suzy thing, and hope your neck gets better. mines been hurting lately to for some reason and it always sucks. :(

Good to see you again stranger. :heart:

1) Congratulations on getting published multiple times. :cool:

2) Sorry about you and PS. However IMNTBHO it's better to break up before the marriage then after. :heart:

3) Good luck with your PhD program. I am sure you will do well. :)

4) I am sorry about your bike injuries. :( Al though it does reminds me of my bicycle accident in Jr. High. :fly:

So let me get this straight... you're single and well on your way to being a suger mama?

wanna get togethor sometime? :hi2u:

also congrats on the lab stuff, sorry about the suzy thing, and hope your neck gets better. mines been hurting lately to for some reason and it always sucks. :(

are you in southwest VA? ;)

Sorry to hear of you and Pogo. :(

What did you get published for? I probably won't understand, but tell me anyway!

eh, it was bound to happen. when i started applying to programs last fall he told me that he wasn't going to move and that he wasn't going to ask me to stay. that and he was a complete tool and d-bag when i found out my mom had cancer (yeah, the fun doesn't stop in my family). that was enough to say buh-bye

the publications were on cox-2 stimulation of RANKL production in osteoblasts, and rat study stuff involving intermittent vs. bolus feeding in chronic stone-forming rats, and also one involving an inhibitor that chelates calcium in the kidneys. i have some kickass stone x-rays if you wanna see

Good to see you again stranger. :heart:
same with you, mon cheri :heart:

1) Congratulations on getting published multiple times. :cool:

2) Sorry about you and PS. However IMNTBHO it's better to break up before the marriage then after. :heart:

3) Good luck with your PhD program. I am sure you will do well. :)

4) I am sorry about your bike injuries. :( Al though it does reminds me of my bicycle accident in Jr. High. :fly:

1. thanky!
2. indeed. plus being a unattached f33nx for a while was kinda fun :)
3. thanky again! it's scary that so many people here have so much faith invested in me. now i really can't fsck up
4. yeah, they suck. i need to change the bandage on my arm. you may even hear me screaming from Tampa

Last edited:
eh, it was bound to happen. when i started applying to programs last fall he told me that he wasn't going to move and that he wasn't going to ask me to stay. that and he was a complete tool and d-bag when i found out my mom had cancer (yeah, the fun doesn't stop in my family). that was enough to say buh-bye

the publications were on cox-2 stimulation of RANKL production in osteoblasts, and rat study stuff involving intermittent vs. bolus feeding in chronic stone-forming rats, and also one involving an inhibitor that chelates calcium in the kidneys. i have some kickass stone x-rays if you wanna see

Sorry to hear about your mother, I hope that a swift recovery is possible. I recently lost my father to brain cancer, so I know way more about cancer than I ever want to. Some other members here have recently lost their parents. I dunno, this forum may be cursed. :hs:

Is that the same cox-2 that they inhibit for pain (I think)? Ya, I know nothing, but find it interesting none the less.

Sorry to hear about your mother, I hope that a swift recovery is possible. I recently lost my father to brain cancer, so I know way more about cancer than I ever want to. Some other members here have recently lost their parents. I dunno, this forum may be cursed. :hs:

Is that the same cox-2 that they inhibit for pain (I think)? Ya, I know nothing, but find it interesting none the less.

I know, and my heart goes out to all of you. There are fewer things in this world more devestating than losing a parent, and I came really close in the past year. My mother is more than lucky to still be alive, and her fight's not over yet, but I also know people who have lost so many to cancer and it's just devestating. Hearing about other's losses and battles, as well as now having gone through this, makes me realize i'm in the right field. I wrote my personal statement on cancer and my intent to fight it for the rest of my life.

That is the same cox-2 they inhibit for pain. It's production can be upregulated by pain receptors, the TrpV and TrpC families. It's also a key player in antioxidation in mitochondria and also in inflammation.

Last edited:
I know, and my heart goes out to all of you. There are fewer things in this world more devestating than losing a parent, and I came really close in the past year. My mother is more than lucky to still be alive, and her fight's not over yet, but I also know people who have lost so many to cancer and it's just devestating. Hearing about other's losses and battles, as well as now having gone through this, makes me realize i'm in the right field. I wrote my personal statement on cancer and my intent to fight it for the rest of my life.

I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers. :heart:

welcome back!
i'm sorry to hear of your mother, and of the rough breakup. :(
congratulations on all the rest, though! :)