So I lost Kiwi's wedding ring...

eileenbunny said:
I really can't speak in favor of something I don't agree with. It's so much money for something that only means as much as you want it to mean. I could pick a rock up off the ground, set it in a cheap silver band, say that it symbolized my love for IBWIP and it would. I don't want to rain on Knyte and Kiwi's parade, but expensive jewelry just isn't my thing. I'd rather be travelling, buying toys, or going out to dinner with IBWIP every night.

True dat g. Wedding rings should be a symbol one's marriage. My rings aren't blingy because my marriage isn't about glitz. Besides that I don't think I could be comfortable wearing something that could have been a morgage payment. Course it's all in what you value. All things being equal, I'd rather spend the $$ on a ring like Zengirls than a generic diamond ring because I value the design and craftmanship more than the size and market value of a diamond. Diamonds are as over done as they come, imho...kinda like red roses and chocolate hearts. I guess I'm just not a very good Material Girl. Madonna would be very disappointed in me. :lol:

I was very lucky when it came to diamonds.

My dad, when he became very successful, bought his mother a pair of 1 caret diamond earrings. When she passed away in 1992, she left one to me and the other to my sister. My sister turned hers into a diamond pendant necklace. I kept mine to use in an engagement ring. So, all i had to buy was the setting.

I designed the setting with a local jeweler and had the 1 caret diamond mounted in the middle of multiple diamond baggettes. I must have done a pretty good job, as my wife still gets compliments now 10+ years later.

Now, since my wife has discovered how much cheaper jewelry is in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, we buy all of her jewelry there when we are on cruises. For what we save, it almost pays for the cruise. Keeps her happy - and if she's happy, then I am too.

Pandora said:
True dat g. Wedding rings should be a symbol one's marriage. My rings aren't blingy because my marriage isn't about glitz. Besides that I don't think I could be comfortable wearing something that could have been a morgage payment. Course it's all in what you value. All things being equal, I'd rather spend the $$ on a ring like Zengirls than a generic diamond ring because I value the design and craftmanship more than the size and market value of a diamond. Diamonds are as over done as they come, imho...kinda like red roses and chocolate hearts. I guess I'm just not a very good Material Girl. Madonna would be very disappointed in me. :lol:

I :heart: U

engagement_tiffany_ring.jpg
R-1-Dozen-Roses-Vased.jpg
box_of_chocolates.gif

b_sinning said:
Either

180px-Power_ring.jpg

or

[im]http://www.monstersandcritics.com/artman/uploads/theonering.jpg[/img]

I have a tshirt with that on it. You can recognize a fellow intelligent person when they know what it is.

thrawn said:
I have a tshirt with that on it. You can recognize a fellow intelligent person when they know what it is.

how is there any mistaking the green lantern's ring?