So I lost Kiwi's wedding ring...

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
3 things, Kiwi.

1. If the owner's name is part of the company name, Knyte'll get screwed.
2. If the words "fine jewelry" or "design" are in the company name, Knyte'll get screwed.
3. If Knyte's getting screwed, you're getting screwed.
 

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
20,926
8,968
623
Summer
Marklar
₥9,519
Sarcasmo said:
3 things, Kiwi.

1. If the owner's name is part of the company name, Knyte'll get screwed.
2. If the words "fine jewelry" or "design" are in the company name, Knyte'll get screwed.
3. If Knyte's getting screwed, you're getting screwed.

Oh, don't worry, if I got that ring there would be LOTS of screwing going on.
 

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
15,608
67
0
42
AZ
Marklar
₥272
ERage said:
Knyte: are you looking for a replacement engagement ring or a replacement wedding band or both?

Depends on the total cost.

I think $2k is the absolute limit I'm willing to go.
 

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
10,255
20
41
Marklar
₥100
Sarcasmo said:
3 things, Kiwi.

1. If the owner's name is part of the company name, Knyte'll get screwed.
2. If the words "fine jewelry" or "design" are in the company name, Knyte'll get screwed.
3. If Knyte's getting screwed, you're getting screwed.
I dunno... the guy we got my rings from was very reasonably priced and I just love my ring. He hand makes all of his jewelry himself... so everything is unique.

The pictures don't do his designs justice tho. Things look completely amazing in person.

http://www.paulhapip.com/
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
zengirl said:
I dunno... the guy we got my rings from was very reasonably priced and I just love my ring. He hand makes all of his jewelry himself... so everything is unique.

The pictures don't do his designs justice tho. Things look completely amazing in person.

http://www.paulhapip.com/


Yeah but you're an eccentric hippie.
 

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
15,608
67
0
42
AZ
Marklar
₥272
wonko80 said:
Why white gold? Because it's cheaper than platinum?

Also, I will never again buy a diamond. Man made stones are just as pretty and much cheaper.

Read this post carefully Kiwi.
 

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
13,467
2,411
573
47
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥572
April23 said:
You aren't speaking in Kiwi's favor.

I really can't speak in favor of something I don't agree with. It's so much money for something that only means as much as you want it to mean. I could pick a rock up off the ground, set it in a cheap silver band, say that it symbolized my love for IBWIP and it would. I don't want to rain on Knyte and Kiwi's parade, but expensive jewelry just isn't my thing. I'd rather be travelling, buying toys, or going out to dinner with IBWIP every night.
 

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
20,926
8,968
623
Summer
Marklar
₥9,519
eileenbunny said:
I really can't speak in favor of something I don't agree with. It's so much money for something that only means as much as you want it to mean. I could pick a rock up off the ground, set it in a cheap silver band, say that it symbolized my love for IBWIP and it would. I don't want to rain on Knyte and Kiwi's parade, but expensive jewelry just isn't my thing. I'd rather be travelling, buying toys, or going out to dinner with IBWIP every night.

In all reality, I would much rather find my ring than have to replace it. If we don't find it, however, I like expensive jewelry so we will be buying a new diamond ring.

Although the thought of going out to dinner every night is appealing.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
kiwi said:
I don't care about it being platinum, but it will definitely be a real diamond.
I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SO MATERIALISTIC

YOU LOVE KNYTE WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART, AND WITH A BEAUTIFUL NEW CHILD THESE ARE TRYING TIMES

YOU SHOULD BE ACCEPTING OF A RUBBER BAND AROUND YOUR FINGER

IT'S THE LOVE OF KNYTE'S SOUL, NOT THE LOVE OF KNYTE'S FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
theacoustician said:
Why don't you just tag her with one of those RFID chips they put in dogs so everyone knows she belongs to you if she gets lost.
if they insert an RFID tag in her then I'll probably know where she is too :drool:
 

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
20,926
8,968
623
Summer
Marklar
₥9,519
elpmis said:
I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SO MATERIALISTIC

YOU LOVE KNYTE WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART, AND WITH A BEAUTIFUL NEW CHILD THESE ARE TRYING TIMES

YOU SHOULD BE ACCEPTING OF A RUBBER BAND AROUND YOUR FINGER

IT'S THE LOVE OF KNYTE'S SOUL, NOT THE LOVE OF KNYTE'S FINANCIAL INVESTMENT

IF YOU REALLY LOVED KNYTE, YOU'D PAY FOR MY REPLACEMENT RING AND TAKE THE ADDITIONAL BURDEN OFF HIS SHOULDERS.
 

wanko80

Erect Member
Jul 31, 2006
2,492
0
41
42
McKinney,TX
Marklar
₥5
kiwi said:
I don't care about it being platinum, but it will definitely be a real diamond.
This is why I will never buy diamonds until prices come down:

The De Beers Group is a Johannesburg-based diamond mining and trading corporation. They have historically held a near-total monopoly in the diamond trade, although recently other producers have developed new mines, such as in Russia and Canada, challenging their dominance. In 1994 De Beers was charged by the United States Justice Department with antitrust violations for conspiring to fix prices for industrial diamonds. On 14 July 2004 De Beers pleaded guilty to the charges and paid a $10 million fine. The plea has enabled De Beers to trade directly in the United States diamond market after years of acting through intermediaries. Using its monopoly, De Beers has created an artificial scarcity of diamonds, thus keeping prices high. The modern tradition of diamonds as a part of engagement in many cultures has been largely created by De Beers through an amazingly effective advertising campaign started in 1938. The "A Diamond is Forever" campaign not only convinced the public that the only suitable gift for engagement is a diamond, but also served to limit the market in used diamonds.

source = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers
 

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
10,255
20
41
Marklar
₥100
wonko80 said:
This is why I will never buy diamonds until prices come down:

The De Beers Group is a Johannesburg-based diamond mining and trading corporation. They have historically held a near-total monopoly in the diamond trade, although recently other producers have developed new mines, such as in Russia and Canada, challenging their dominance. In 1994 De Beers was charged by the United States Justice Department with antitrust violations for conspiring to fix prices for industrial diamonds. On 14 July 2004 De Beers pleaded guilty to the charges and paid a $10 million fine. The plea has enabled De Beers to trade directly in the United States diamond market after years of acting through intermediaries. Using its monopoly, De Beers has created an artificial scarcity of diamonds, thus keeping prices high. The modern tradition of diamonds as a part of engagement in many cultures has been largely created by De Beers through an amazingly effective advertising campaign started in 1938. The "A Diamond is Forever" campaign not only convinced the public that the only suitable gift for engagement is a diamond, but also served to limit the market in used diamonds.

source = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers
This is exactly why I don't have a diamond engagement ring. :lol: