So I lost Kiwi's wedding ring...

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Yeah, I lost it in the move. She was at the hospital with the new baby and left it at home, and it got misplaced/lost in the midst of the chaos. I really can't blame anyone but myself.

So the reason I'm posting this is because I'd like you peoples to help Kiwi find a good deal on a replacement in the $1500 to $2000 range. She insists on it being somewhat unique-looking (whatever that means, it's a ring AM I RITE? :fly:), and white-gold is preferrable.

So if you have any personally preferred wedding ring makers, please post them here.

As a way of saying thank you in advance here is a picture of Phillip Michael Thomas for your enjoyment.

miami-vice-pmt.jpg

Why white gold? Because it's cheaper than platinum?

Also, I will never again buy a diamond. Man made stones are just as pretty and much cheaper.

What kind of stone/style are you looking for? Blondie's ring is platinum with channel set diamonds that I forget what their total weight came up to...I think it is 7 stones at about .15 - .2 karats each.

We got her rings at Skatells Manufacturing Jewelers which will actually craft a ring for you based on your specs. They aren't in your area but they will ship insured for like 50 bucks. I had them craft Blondie's engagement ring and wedding band...both are slightly different than anything they had on the shelf. Here's a link to her band if you are interested. Prices vary depending on what you get and the stones that are in the ring...so this ring could quite easily be brought into price range with a little tweaking. click the pic to link to their site.

Edit: and i totally recommend these guys, they did a great job, great customer service, A+. I can speak only for the Charlotte location in the Pineville area. I've spent almost 8,000 in their store and when I need to buy jewelery they are the ones I go back to every time.

Last edited:
I have a 1 ct. marquis cut diamond engagement ring you can have for $2,500. Keep in mind my ex may come looking for it when she discovers it's missing.

:shifty:

wonko80 said:
Why white gold? Because it's cheaper than platinum?

Also, I will never again buy a diamond. Man made stones are just as pretty and much cheaper.

White gold is lighter in mass than platinum and some people like the way that gold feels compared to platinum.

To your second statement...Buy your wife or future wife something fake and then figure out how to explain the meaning of how you decided that the symbol of your love was better shown by something non-unique and fabricated. :fly: It's worth the extra money ;) Plus if it ever comes into question whose ring is whose, it's easy to determine by looping the stone. real diamonds each have their own characteristics.

Last edited:
Sarcasmo said:
I have a 1 ct. marquis cut diamond engagement ring you can have for $2,500. Keep in mind my ex may come looking for it when she discovers it's missing.

:shifty:

I think it's wrong for a woman to keep the ring anyway...if you aren't together, why should the bitch get to pocket YOUR couple grand? capiche?

Knyte: are you looking for a replacement engagement ring or a replacement wedding band or both?

ERage said:
White gold is lighter in mass than platinum too and some people like the way that it feels better.
Doesn't it turn yellow over time though?

ERage said:
To your second statement...Buy your wife something fake and then figure out how to explain the meaning of how you decided that the symbol of your love was better shown by something non-unique and fabricated. :fly: It's worth the extra money ;) Plus if it ever comes into question whose ring is whose, it's easy to determine by looping the stone. real diamonds each have their own characteristics.
It's not about scamming the women. I just don't think diamonds are all that rare and the markup is incredible. I regret the money I spent on my wife's engagement ring. I'm betting that if I actually tried to sell it to a jeweler, I'd get squat for it.

I'd much rather get an equally pretty but less expensive man made stone and take a trip to Europe with the savings.

Why don't you just tag her with one of those RFID chips they put in dogs so everyone knows she belongs to you if she gets lost.

wonko80 said:
Doesn't it turn yellow over time though?

Not unless you get fake gold. The only arguement that I have heard against gold is that over time the scratches and scrapes will remove mass from the ring since gold is soft. Platinum will scratch but it will not flake so the mass remains and it can be repaired to its original state.

wonko80 said:
It's not about scamming the women. I just don't think diamonds are all that rare and the markup is incredible. I regret the money I spent on my wife's engagement ring. I'm betting that if I actually tried to sell it to a jeweler, I'd get squat for it.

I'd much rather get an equally pretty but less expensive man made stone and take a trip to Europe with the savings.

I wasn't suggesting scamming the woman either, be totally upfront about it and you will see that most women (not all but most) will want a sentimental, unique object. Over time it has been engraved into people's minds that real diamonds mean more. No offense to the ladies but I have found that for the most part they aren't as focused on the utility as men tend to be; so the logic "It looks just as good to the naked eye" doesn't work on most ladies.

Ladies, am i rite or totally off base on this one?

Last edited:
eileenbunny said:
I think we lost Dan's wedding band in the move to Ohio but it eventually reappeared. Perhaps you should wait a little while to see if it shows up before shelling out more money on a new one.

You aren't speaking in Kiwi's favor.

theacoustician said:
Why don't you just tag her with one of those RFID chips they put in dogs so everyone knows she belongs to you if she gets lost.

:lol:

"And what did your husband get you when you got engaged Kimmie?"

"Put your finger on my neck right here. Feel that?"

We are waiting till everything is completely unpacked and we've gone through everything before replacing it.

We need to replace the entire thing, engagement ring and band.

I want white gold cause it's cheaper, it does yellow but you can have it redipped for about 25 bucks every few years and it looks brand new again.

To give you an idea of what kind of style i'm looking for, I absolutely love this guys stuff http://www.markschneiderdesign.com/.

Especially this ring http://www.markschneiderdesign.com/bridal-group6-2-popup.html, I just have to find out how much they cost to determine if they are even somewhat in our price range, which I'm doubting.

Sarcasmo said:
:lol:

"And what did your husband get you when you got engaged Kimmie?"

"Put your finger on my neck right here. Feel that?"
Its unique ... a unique ID anyways

Its sentimental ... you can customize the tag to display any message of affection you wish

And it will forever be with her

Plus in a few years she can probably use it to pay for stuff by waving her hand ... a more direct link to your bank account if you will ... so it will always be the gift that keeps on giving.

theacoustician said:
Its unique ... a unique ID anyways

Its sentimental ... you can customize the tag to display any message of affection you wish

And it will forever be with her

Plus in a few years she can probably use it to pay for stuff by waving her hand ... a more direct link to your bank account if you will ... so it will always be the gift that keeps on giving.

*waves hand at register* "You will approve my transaction, you dont want to sell me any deathsticks. You want to go home and reevaluate your life.